PDA

View Full Version : Illusionary Weapon Type, Other Skills

Quaestor
13-05-2005, 17:27
I have a couple of questions about Illusionary Weaponry.

1. Am I correct in thinking that IW gets its speed from whatever kind of weapon that you currently have equipped?

2. Do weapon attributes (Swordsmanship, etc.) affect IW damage if you have that kind of weapon equipped?

3. Can weapon-specific skills be used with IW when and only when equipped with that kind of weapon?

Thanks!

Quaestor the Wanderer

Ice Cream Emperor
13-05-2005, 19:54
These are best-guesses, since I'm not particularly near the part of the game where one gets the skill:

1. Yes.

2. No. As per the description, the actual melee attack does no damage -- your illusion attribute is the only thing that affects the amount of damage. This is what makes it such an interesting build -- it works as well with your starter sword as it does with some flaming dragon whatsit.

3. Not so sure about this one. However, as per #2, weapon skills that add damage will not have an effect. I'm not sure how things like Hamstring, Gash, etc. would work -- probably the damage gets replaced by IW, but the effect goes through? Someone else will have to answer this.

grimfiend
14-05-2005, 09:51
Ice Cream Emperor is correct about the first two questions, as for the third...

The answer is tricky... you have to read the description of the skill carefullly to figure out whether IW "works" with it. With most attack skills, their secondary effect (bleeding, crippled etc. etc.) happens "if you hit". Since IW makes it so you don't actually HIT in combat, these skills don't work. You'll still hit them with the IW effect, but essentially the skill is wasted. Other skills, like Deadly Riposte for example, WILL effect the person attacking you with bleeding, in addition to do IW's attack damage. Again, you have to read the description, deadly riposte simply says that your next attacker will take damage and start bleeding, so it works through IW.

Nobleman Azure
14-05-2005, 23:10
I have a couple of questions about Illusionary Weaponry.

1. Am I correct in thinking that IW gets its speed from whatever kind of weapon that you currently have equipped?

2. Do weapon attributes (Swordsmanship, etc.) affect IW damage if you have that kind of weapon equipped?

3. Can weapon-specific skills be used with IW when and only when equipped with that kind of weapon?

Thanks!

Quaestor the Wanderer

1. Yes it does. As well as attack speed modifying skills

2. No. Your current weapon and sword attributes doesnt matter. And this is why the warrior skill Flurry become useful, increase attack speed and do less damage (but you wont because IW is the one actually doing damage)

3. Yes you can but remember that you cannot gain adrenaline while using IW, also damage modifier skills wont work because again, IW is the one dealing damage...it just needs an attack to activate