PDA

View Full Version : FireMancer Ranger

lordholy
13-05-2005, 16:30
Okay, so I have been trying to do my homework on this class, and this is what ive come up with. I am a lvl 7 Ele, pre Searing, with Ranger as an optional 2nd prof. I know Fire Ele, are the best pure, so my 2nd profession wont do much in light of my actual skills. I am highly considering going with Ranger for the pet only, to be be an Aggro holder, while I focus on Fire spells. Here is what I have so far, feel free to beat me with a stick if I am wrong.

12 Fire MAgic
12 Energy Storage

Aura of Restoration
Fire Attunement
Flar
Flame Burst
Pheonix
Fireball
Firestorm
Searing Heat / Pet

**Each time I play I have a dedicated Monk with me, hes my best Friend for yrs and Guildmate. So as far as healing goes. thats not a concern of mine as of yet.

I figure this build is spammable, high Dmg, AoE. It is light on healing, but thats not my issue. As I said my 2nd proffesion isnt a factor, but all suggestions are welcome.

**I know I can fill more Attributes but I was considerign dumping the rest into either Air (pvp) or my Rangers Pet Attribute.

Any Info on weapons would also be a plus.

Thanks guys

lordholy
13-05-2005, 18:04
Anything Im missing?

Tzhebee
13-05-2005, 18:30
Anything Im missing?
You need to have charm animal on your hotlist in order for your pet to follow you (so I've been told).

My E/R is set up very similar to yours...only I put a few points in Beast Mastery.

lordholy
13-05-2005, 19:06
Im considering dumping 3-4 into beast mastery, this way My pet will be able to more dmg, and considering im pure elementalist, it shouldnt be too much of a waste, i thinki can get by with spending that into beast mastery.

I have heard rangers gimp the ele class. I dont think this is true, anyone else hearing similar things, or is your ele/ranger doing what you like?

I think its my play style so it should work out.

Tzhebee
13-05-2005, 19:17
I have heard rangers gimp the ele class. I dont think this is true, anyone else hearing similar things, or is your ele/ranger doing what you like?

See, I've heard that too, but if you customize your character (instead of trying to be a jack of all trades) then it's not a problem. I'm an Elementalist. I choose to use Fire skills, therefore I allocate my hotspot skills to fire and I use a wand for my damage.

If I decided to try and use a bow (since I'm also a Ranger) THEN I would have a serious problem with the ranger skills gimping me. But no more so than my own water/earth/air skills if I chose to use them.

You have to focus on 2-3 skills max. Otherwise you're spreading yourself too thin to be GOOD at anything. Personally, my E/R works just how I want her to. :happy34:

lordholy
13-05-2005, 20:50
I wholeheartedly agree.

also, do you have anythign perhaps a new ele/ran could use. I have a necro lvl 13 with mass gold and craft items, so i could trade, gimme your email or somethign so we can meet up perhaps swap gear.

thanks for the info!

Tzhebee
13-05-2005, 22:54
You're a level 7 pre-sear, right?

I'll have to double check what weapons I have see if there is anything you could use...of course I'd have to know what you have, so I'm not trying to give you somethin lame!

Also, while you are still pre-sear, pick up at least 4 glittering dusts, 1 iron ignot, 28 cloths and 7 scales. That, along with 750 GP will get you level 30 pyromancer armor.

If you (or your nec) don't have those supplies, I know I do.

Look for me in game as Saphire Phoenix. or e-mail Tzhebee@gmail.com :happy34:

lordholy
16-05-2005, 17:47
post sear lvl 12, still looking for gear, im on at 10pmest -1amest
i would definately enjoy getting together and talking about the build some more

mistress danielle is my name, add me to friends!

also what runes you using? im thinking of minor fire into my headband, and major into my weapon (when i find one)

thanks

Tzhebee
16-05-2005, 19:24
I've got a pretty decent fire staff sitting in my storage...or is it a wand? I don't remember. But, I'm usually on around 6-11PST, so I should be able to try and find you.

Unfortunately, I'm not using any runes yet, as the only ones I have are for skills that I don't use.

I hit level 11 Friday, planning on getting further this weekend until real life crap decided to rear it's ugly head. Hopefully tonight will be better. :p