PDA

View Full Version : Paladin of Smite (SPITE!)

Cloak
13-05-2005, 18:25
Hey all, I've got the infamously popular and unoriginal compbination that is Warrior/Monk. Anyway, I'm working on making a crazy offensive Paladin with holy smithing all about.

I guess I'm looking for suggestions in skills that would leave way for 1 or 2 party healing spots (for PvE where everyone's a useless bugger and gets killed and you're the only one left to save the day).

What say you? :love57:

Scott the Green
13-05-2005, 20:47
I did something similiar, except I made it a smiting tank.

You'll want Symbol of Wrath (for when you get surrounded) and Bane Signet, and I like Holy Strike because it deals extra damage to a knocked down enemy. If you plan on staying at a distance, you can use Banish instead of Holy Strike.

If you're going up against undead, toss in Judge's Insight and cast that on whoever does the most damage regularly so that they'll be doing double (works really well on skeleton mesmers and rangers).

For my build I have Mending, but if you're going to be healing the party, use either Heal Party, Healing Breeze, or Heal Area if you don't mind healing nearby monsters. I don't do much healing so I can't really help with this, sorry.

I tend to keep Resurrect in my list even with a primary monk in the party, just in case (and because one guy I play with likes to tank as a necromancer primary :confused: ) but you don't need to.

As for weapon skills, it depends on what you want to use. I use hammers so I can knock down and then hit with Holy Strike. Your mileage may vary.

I don't recommend using Smite because it costs 10 energy for a single hit. I keep a balance of 5 energy smiting, adrenal attacks, and signets so that I don't use too much energy at once.

I don't know if this build would be useful at all in PvP, but for PvE it's pretty decent. You'll really like it when you get to fighting the undead, I guarantee.

grimmolly
13-05-2005, 21:19
Judge's Insight is always nice for damage, although the recast is a bit often. Symbol of wrath is fun, especially against hellhounds and undead. I'd also bring banish and bane signet on undead missions. Be sure you still have plenty of normal attack skills. Cyclone axe or hundred blades are great in PvE.

Cloak
13-05-2005, 21:50
Cool that pretty much narrows down to what I'm already doing. Except latley, I've been missing my Symbol (or circle) of Wrath en lieu of banish.