PDA

View Full Version : Attribute vs. Skill Points

Tanthalis
13-05-2005, 21:56
Ok maybe I am missing something. :confused:
The online strategy guide is describing how you ear exp and level up as well as what you get for leveling up.
It says “20 Health, 5 Attribute Points, 1 Skill Point”

I get the health; I get the Attribute Points, what are the skill points? When I go up a level I look in “H” and see I have 5 points to add to my attributes, were do I see the Skill points????

Man am I lost
:confused:

Ratix0
14-05-2005, 04:21
Look again, I think its near the top. There is a Skill Point: <Number> there.

What it basically means is that you will require 1 skill point if you intend to learn a skill from a skill trainer(Not including skills from Pre Searing Ascalon, AKA N00B land). This includes Signet of Capture ect ect. Hence, it is advisable to grab as much skills as you can in pre searing ascalon, because skill points come in slow in the later games, as well as the cost of each skill increases per skill you learn.

You do not add it anywhere, it basically just shows there, which is just a number you can spend to get skills. Though there are many ways of getting skill points(E.G. Levels, quests, missions ect), skill points are very very hard to get at the later part of the game, especially when you've exhausted all the quests and missions and have leveled 20 times after level 20...

Bitpower
14-05-2005, 10:15
Ok maybe I am missing something. :confused:
The online strategy guide is describing how you ear exp and level up as well as what you get for leveling up.
It says “20 Health, 5 Attribute Points, 1 Skill Point”

I get the health; I get the Attribute Points, what are the skill points? When I go up a level I look in “H” and see I have 5 points to add to my attributes, were do I see the Skill points????

Man am I lost
:confused:

Where is this online strategy guide? Link please?

And what exactly does pre-searing mean?

Does pre-searing mean when your in that newbie land? And its cheaper to get skills in newbie land then elsewhere?

Serpentine
14-05-2005, 10:32
In Pre-Searing and some quests in Post-Searing all the skills are free. Some NPCs in towns sell skills that cost a skill point and some gold.