PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ Hydromancer

thpk
14-05-2005, 02:35
Hey, I'm atm lvl 19 E/Mo in PvE and wanted to be a hydromancer...so I became one. But I found that I can hardly kill anything in the desert and can only damage the monsters a little bit and slow them down, which I didn't think helped much. Granted, I don't have any elite skills yet and those might help, but I feel...I "am" really clueless about how to effectively use a hydromancer... :confused:

If any of the "great" hydromancers out there can give me some advices and clues to what skills are effective and how to fully utilize hydromancer, that would be great!! :happy14: :worship:

SeŅoR Sungard
14-05-2005, 05:56
The fact that you are a Hydromancer alone, is a problem if you play PvE. The Water side of Elementalists is more geared toward PvP, with slowing down spells abundant. I suggest you get a second type of magic, like air or fire, that does alot more damage, so that you can have a mix.

thpk
14-05-2005, 07:13
yea i decided to give up being a hydro...realized it was too ineffective in PvE. But thx for the reply :happy14:

Rukia
14-05-2005, 08:03
well hydro is pretty nice , and it can be viable for pve with water trident. but sure , you better go with fire or air for pve :)

Mraezk
14-05-2005, 14:33
You guys sure about that? So far my Elementalist is doing just fine in PvE using water skills. They aren't as cut and dry (no pun intended) as fire or air, sure, but they seem to hold their own against most things. I've noticed some critters tend to be weak and strong against different things, so a back up skill certaintly helps. I wouldn't abandon the entire line for another however.

SeŅoR Sungard
15-05-2005, 02:44
Its not that Hydromancers cant cut it in the PvE realm, its just that its easier to play by yourself if you can dish out more damage.