PDA

View Full Version : You have unlocked... (Nooby Q)

Snake The Almighty
14-05-2005, 04:08
Hello all,
Well im new and as you can guess I got a question.

I found these numerous item, the rarer ones, and when I identifyed them it came up with -You have unlocked...-

I was wondering how you get these unlocked items, and Im guessing you use them to upgarde what ever the items upgrades, so how do you do it?

Thanks in adavnce ~Snake The Almighty

Hintshigen Elgin
14-05-2005, 04:14
Hello all,
Well im new and as you can guess I got a question.

I found these numerous item, the rarer ones, and when I identifyed them it came up with -You have unlocked...-

I was wondering how you get these unlocked items, and Im guessing you use them to upgarde what ever the items upgrades, so how do you do it?

Thanks in adavnce ~Snake The Almighty

Use an expert salvage kit on the item to get the specific upgrade component, however you won't get the upgrade component 100% of the time so there is a risk involved of getting nothing but some crafting material.

Ratix0
14-05-2005, 04:16
When you identify an item that has an unlockable item within. Unlockable items are Runes and Weapon Upgrades. If you find a salvagable item that is un identified, chances of it having a rune within is VERY high(Or even 100%, since all of them I've encountered have runes within). Identifying it will unlock the rune. Then, you can use Expert Salvage Kit to grab the rune from the salvage item, though there is only a chance of success and a certain chance of failure(Where you don't get the rune)... So far, I've salvaged roughly 4 runes out of 5 attempts.

For weapon upgrades, you identify an unidentified item, which will(By chance), have an weapon upgrade. I've got weapon upgrades on weapon of different colours(Like Teal(Or light blue) or purple), so I don't think the colour matters. Once you identify it, it'll be unlocked. Salvaging the item with expert kit similarly gives a chance of getting the upgrade.

For unlocked items, you basically can choose them to be used in your PvP character, as when you first got the account, your PvP characters have nothing unlocked. You can only unlock with RP Characters. Also, you can unlock skills, which is easy... Just by gaining the skill in your RP character, you unlocked it. Easy as that.

Warning though, you ONLY unlock by identifying it. If you buy the item from someone else, you do not unlock it. Hence I personally don't buy from someone else unless its really cheap or something.

Bitpower
14-05-2005, 09:28
I was about to buy the game tommorrow or sunday, and I was trying to learn more about it.

This unlock and lock stuff is TOTALLY CONFUSING TO ME.

If I find a weapon, that is un-identified, and then I identify it, then basically your telling me that it is still un-identified, even after I identify it? It won't identify what the item is? It will just say it is unlocked? So I will still have no clue what the item is, after identifying it?

Furthermore, you are telling me that I can't use the weapon? That I would have to buy a salvage kit and tear the weapon apart, just to get an item that is inside it that I can use on a different weapon?

I'm totally confused.

If I get a weapon, then why wouldn't I just identify it and use it? And from reading the above description, it sounds like identify doesn't even actually tell you what the item is?

And what does unlock and lock mean exactly? I'm confused about what they mean here.

Anthraquinone
14-05-2005, 13:24
I was about to buy the game tommorrow or sunday, and I was trying to learn more about it.

This unlock and lock stuff is TOTALLY CONFUSING TO ME.

If I find a weapon, that is un-identified, and then I identify it, then basically your telling me that it is still un-identified, even after I identify it? It won't identify what the item is? It will just say it is unlocked? So I will still have no clue what the item is, after identifying it?

Furthermore, you are telling me that I can't use the weapon? That I would have to buy a salvage kit and tear the weapon apart, just to get an item that is inside it that I can use on a different weapon?

I'm totally confused.

If I get a weapon, then why wouldn't I just identify it and use it? And from reading the above description, it sounds like identify doesn't even actually tell you what the item is?

And what does unlock and lock mean exactly? I'm confused about what they mean here.

When you start a new character you have the choice between a roleplay char (PvE) and a pure PvP char. The latter starts right at lvl20 but only has available the skills that are unlocked for your account. Now, to unlock stuff, you need to play with your PvE char and find unlocking items. The very moment you ID them, a rune (skill or whatever) becomes available for your PvP chars.
Salvage kits are used to extract raw materials for crafting or upgrade components from items you've found. The item itself is destroyed in the process. For 'unlocking' items it often goes like this:
1) find such an item.
2) ID it -> something gets unlocked for PvP chars. The game tells you what.
3) If you use a salvage kit on that ID'ed item then there is a chance of getting the item you've unlocked.

So 'unlocking' means your PvP chars are allowed to use the component in question.

Hope that helped.

-AnQ

Bitpower
14-05-2005, 17:42
The unlocking only applies to the "instant PVP premade template characters" that the game allows you to select?

You can use your PVE characters for PVP though? Right or wrong?

I mean, you can level your PVE character to level 20 then use him for PVP? Right or wrong?

I would rather create a character and level him, and find items and make items, etc. Then just jump instantly into a level 20.

And can't you do a better job of making a character yourself then using the premade template characters? Even with the unlocking, isn't it still better to start out with a level 1 character?

Anthraquinone
14-05-2005, 18:20
Afaik, you can use your PvE for PvP without problems. Maybe it's better to call the PvE 'universal chars' as they have no restrictions whereas PvP chars can't go everywhere in the game.

-AnQ