PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Guys Think Of This Healer (Ele/Mon) Build?...

blackraven777
14-05-2005, 13:40
Hey, I am just about to get Guild Wars down here in Aus, and was wondering if I could get some pointers on a pure healer build - I haven't played yet, so please tell me if i'm totally wrong.

I've gone with ele/mon, using the energy storage - Does anyone have a preference regarding energy storage v divine favor for a healer?

I've also concentrated on lots of fast casting, low energy spells to (try) and avoid energy drain...

Energy Storage 10
Fire Magic 10
Healing Prayers 11

Dwayna's Kiss (Spell)
Heal target other ally for 48 health and an additional 16 health for each enchantment or hex on that ally.
Casting cost: 5 energy
Casting time: 1 sec
Recharge time: 5 sec

Healing Breeze (Enchantment)
For 10 seconds, target ally gains health regeneration of 8.
Casting cost: 10 energy
Recharge time: 2 sec

Healing Touch (Spell)
Heal target touched other ally for 108 health.
Recharge time: 5 sec

Orison of Healing (Spell)
Heal target ally for 63 health.
Recharge time: 2 sec

Flare (Spell)
Flare flies towards target foe, striking for 10 fire damage if it hits.
Recharge time: 0 sec

Healing Seed (Enchantment)
If target other ally takes damage in the next 17 seconds, that ally and all adjacent allies gain 23 health.
Casting cost: 15 energy
Casting time: 2 sec
Recharge time: 25 sec

Restore Life (Spell)
Touch the body of a fallen party member. Target party member is returned to life with 43% health and 77% energy.
Casting cost: 10 energy
Casting time: 8 sec
Recharge time: 0 sec

Word of Healing (elite) (Spell)
Heal target other ally for 63 points. Heal for an additional 77 points if that ally is below 50% health. This is an elite skill.
Recharge time: 4 sec

The flare is there for anytime nobody needs healing and gives me something other than the rod, which looks pretty weak...

Anyway, hints, help, (constructive) criticism would be great

Thanks

ZieG
14-05-2005, 17:06
Since you are going to have a lot of energy I suggest high cost healing spells. Healing Seed wasa very good choise. I also suggest heal other. Other then that it is pretty much fine. The only weak point through, with the absence of divine favor attribute youll heal for less then a primary monk would.

Herthbul
14-05-2005, 18:41
Btw, using a wand that deals Fire damage along with Conjure Flame achieves the same results as Flare for way less energy.

SojakFA
14-05-2005, 19:51
Divine Favor gives you a better health per energy ratio, making your heals worth more and cost less (since you don't have to cast as many). Besides, monks can have pretty high energy. My Mo/E uses the tattoo armor (+7 energy over regular cloth armors) and a unique earth staff that is +14 energy for a total of 51 energy ^_^

Besides, by skipping out on Divine Favor you are missing alot of awesome skills that are in that line.

blackraven777
15-05-2005, 01:25
k, thanks guys, ill take that on board - and go monk as primary
:)

Aire
15-05-2005, 01:34
Flare really isn't worth the energy in the build. If you want to do damage, try using Zealot's Fire - far more effective for the energy.

Either that or take another healing spell - maybe remove enchantment or mend conditions

/Aire :)

SojakFA
15-05-2005, 01:51
Yea, for a monk Fire doesn't work that well. You might try Earth, which has great spells like Ward Against Melee ^_^