PDA

View Full Version : Getting level 16 attribute rank with runes..?

hakkafusion
15-05-2005, 05:30
ok, i'm having trouble with runes and getting level 16, maybe someone can clarify this for me.
The problem is that I have a storm's eye which is +1, with a minor rune of air magic, which should also be +1. So this will bring air magic from L12 to L14.
Now I put another minor rune of air magic to my armor, which should cause another +1, however, this is not happening. It is still at +14. When I unequip the storm's eye I have +13.
Does this mean only 1 type of each rune will affect your character at a time?meaning even if i put 5 minor runes of air magic, I will still only get +1 from it? hope someone can help me. Thanks.

GWKart
15-05-2005, 05:37
Yes that is the case

hakkafusion
15-05-2005, 06:00
really thanks.. sorry for DP... pc screwed up...

so i'll have to get 1 rune of each? major and superior in order to get L16?

Glorfendill
15-05-2005, 06:56
really thanks.. sorry for DP... pc screwed up...

so i'll have to get 1 rune of each? major and superior in order to get L16?

sorry that flops too, only one rune of any generic type will give you bonuses. (IE if you use a minor, major, and superior rune of air magic you would only get the benefits of the superior since it is the strongest.)

the same goes for non attribute runes like Vigor, only the strongest will give any benefits.

the max attributes would be if you had a head item, the superior rune of that type, as well as a weapon all with the same attribute increase, and even then most of your weapon mods only give you a small percentage chance of that attribute increase.

Vysirez
15-05-2005, 08:48
As mentioned above, if you want to get up to 16 all the time, not including possible buffs from wand and focus etc, you have to have a superior rune, plus a helm for the right skill. This gives 12 +3(sup rune) + 1(helm) = 16.

Miss Schizo
18-05-2005, 16:06
Yeah to what the poster above said. You can't use a minor, major or superior of the same type with each other. You will only get the benefits from 1 of them, but get the negatives from all of them.

Satan Minion
18-05-2005, 16:11
Wow, I knew about Major runes. But SUPERIOR does +3??!!?? Wow I gotsta get one them... Lemme guess -100Health??

Madekatsu
19-05-2005, 01:51
Superior runes of "whatever" only sap 75 life points thankfully