PDA

View Full Version : Knight Armour

Spottswoode
15-05-2005, 16:36
what is the point of knight armour. it costs the same as plate mail but it isnt as good. other than it looks better what advantages are there to having knight armour?

Kaziurra
15-05-2005, 17:52
It reduces damage from attacks.

TW III
15-05-2005, 18:17
Has a minor vigor for the specific armor part built in, unlike a real vigor which affects the whole armor.

iversonxp
15-05-2005, 18:41
Has a minor vigor for the specific armor part built in, unlike a real vigor which affects the whole armor.
huh?? :S
dont understand :0

Feywolf Tigereye
16-05-2005, 20:05
In all honesty if you have the money,buy a set of each.Try platemail vs Knights.I guarantee you in PvE almost all the time Knights armor is going to keep you alive longer.

Spottswoode
16-05-2005, 21:04
In all honesty if you have the money,buy a set of each.Try platemail vs Knights.I guarantee you in PvE almost all the time Knights armor is going to keep you alive longer.
even if it doesnt it still looks better, especially when i dye it silver and blue...

Dragon Flame
16-05-2005, 22:55
not vigor, absorption. honest mistake, anyone could've made it.

hehe, yea, thats what im gonna do. I had all the money and materials needed for gladiators, so i bought it, and now im saving up for knights. Knights absorbs some of the damage dealt! thats why its good

Herthbul
16-05-2005, 23:17
Too bad it doesn't stack with Runes of Absorption, which makes Plate better by a long shot.

TW III
16-05-2005, 23:53
not vigor, absorption. honest mistake, anyone could've made it.

Yeah sorry about that.

Surfing Monkey
17-05-2005, 05:26
When you guys say Absorption do you mean Damage reduction?

I was wondering if The Ascalon armor 50 with damage reduction stacks with each other? Did anybody test wearing the knight armor, dose it stack?

Feynt
17-05-2005, 06:11
Yes, they mean damage reduction.

EcHoMaN
17-05-2005, 21:13
so basically im better off buying the platemail set since it has higher def than the knights,put a Warrior Rune of Superior Absorption -3 damage reduction in the platemail breast plate since it gets hit the most and other runes in the rest of the peices,like super vigor runes, and minor attribute runes so i dont go neg health

TW III
18-05-2005, 01:57
It doesn't matter where you put your absorbtion runes, they'll work for the whole armor.

Queto
18-05-2005, 16:38
Where can you buy Knights or Platemail armor? Is it in a city where everyone will pass sometimes, or do you need to go somewhere special?

And what does it cost?

Dragon Flame
18-05-2005, 22:45
Where can you buy Knights or Platemail armor? Is it in a city where everyone will pass sometimes, or do you need to go somewhere special?

And what does it cost?
its the city u get to after the Dragon's Lair mission, after ascending. Its called Droknar's Forge, in the shiverpeaks.

Cyric Soulbane
18-05-2005, 23:05
And what does it cost?

1,500gp for each piece; 7,500gp total.

StryderZERO
18-05-2005, 23:25
Plate Armor with a rune of absorption will be better than the Knight Armor.

In actuality, they are about the same. Very little difference. The only major boundary seperating the two is cost . . . leather squares are MUCH easier to obtain than steel ingots, making the Knight Armor more cost effective.

Really, the choice boils down to whichever looks better in your eyes.

Oh, and the Knight Armor gets a +1 to Strength mod in the helm . . . Plate does not have a mod like that.

Herthbul
19-05-2005, 05:42
Actually now Plate has a base AL of 85 +10 vs phys and the helm now has +1 to Strength.

StryderZERO
19-05-2005, 09:14
AAhh . . . I thought it was just the 15 platinum Plate armor they had changed like that. Interesting.

Incidentally . . . I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the Underworld armor crafter has to offer for warriors.

redvandam
27-05-2005, 02:09
Too bad it doesn't stack with Runes of Absorption, which makes Plate better by a long shot.

Do you know this to be a fact?

I've put a rune of absorbption in the chest armor and 2 reduce damage from attacks appear on the description.

I can only assume because it displays them both they stack together. If someone can say for sure that they do not stack and it just displays both will deffinately go over to platemail.

Surfing Monkey
27-05-2005, 02:16
Do you know this to be a fact?

I've put a rune of absorbption in the chest armor and 2 reduce damage from attacks appear on the description.

I can only assume because it displays them both they stack together. If someone can say for sure that they do not stack and it just displays both will deffinately go over to platemail.

I know for a fact that if you put a rune of minor strength on a wyvern helm that hase a +1 STR. They stack. But are helms diffrent from other peices of armor?? I dont know....

XxDeceptoRxX
27-05-2005, 06:41
Knights armor has Reduce Dmg from attacks for each piece and if you add an aborption rune, it does stack, your armor piece will say Reduce Dmg from attacks twice. you just cant add more than 1 absorption rune, same with any other rune.

Tsunade The Hokage
27-05-2005, 07:19
Yes.. It seems the forums is going back and forth on this subject. Right now I am wearing Knight's armor (cost effective, and originally thinking the absorption stacked) however... from how everyone is talking, it appears it may not stack.

I also have boots that I put rune of major absorption in... and it repeats as another mentioned.

Reduces damage from attacks.
Reduces damage from attacks.

What is strange about this is that if you have a Rune of Vigor, and place another Rune of Vigor on same slot it will ask if you want to overwrite it. Now granted, you can't stack Rune of vigor on your chest and legs, but that doesn't neccessarily mean the absorption on the armor follows the rules of runes.

If anyone can think of a good solid way to test this, feel free to give some statistical results... I would love to find out for sure if knight armor stacking is assumed or actually tested.

It seems a major scam from the devs to have available an entire set of armor that does not stack with itself... If all is true, buying an entire set of platemail and one piece of Knight's armor saves you the cost / headache of finding the last absorption rune.

Feynt
27-05-2005, 08:56
I believe it DOES in fact stack. When I first went through the Ascalon area I remember taking a lot of 0 damages from the charr outside of Piken Square (I would stop attacking and /yawn for kicks, much to the delight of my party), and at the time I had unknowingly put a minor absorption rune on my chest piece. I since upgraded at Ventari's Refuge (so now it's 65 defense ascalon armour, instead of 50 defense) and did NOT put the minor absorption rune back on. Going back to Ascalon to pick up some charr hides for new boots, I found I was taking mostly 1s instead of 0s.

Now how, if the armour I got was 15 defense better, could I be taking MORE damage without the rune if it had no effect?