PDA

View Full Version : Sound Issue

jediman
15-05-2005, 17:32
hey... i got the game when it came out and i had a new sound card in and the sound kept getting a choppy sound every once in a while so i took it out and put the old one back in. now 1 month later the issue comes back. im using sound blaster audigy if that helps.

calderstrake
16-05-2005, 01:42
hey... i got the game when it came out and i had a new sound card in and the sound kept getting a choppy sound every once in a while so i took it out and put the old one back in. now 1 month later the issue comes back. im using sound blaster audigy if that helps.
Did you disable the Windows Audio service? If not, this might be a good place to start. If you are using an add-in card for sound, this should be set to 'Disabled'. Not sure how to do this?

***CAUTION *** If you do not know what you are doing, only change what is listed. I take no responsibility for changes you make to your system.

Go to--> Start, Run <Enter> Type 'services.msc' <Enter> Scroll down until you see 'Windows Audio' and double click it. Select 'Disabled' from the drop down box.

hotdogtesting
16-05-2005, 02:35
Are you running any third party software in the background? If you are using programs, especially CPU cooling programs like CPUIdle, you may experience those problems.

Also what type of motherboard do you have? If your motherboard has the old VIA 2811 (?) northbridge in its chipset, you will have problems with any kind of rapid playing sounds. (I know, because I am stuck with one.)