PDA

View Full Version : Which armor set to use for the end-game

dirtybird
15-05-2005, 20:08
OK I just Ascended and I'm not sure which armor set to buy... obvious choice is the tattoo's, but are those really the best? I'm pretty much a pure healing monk... 12/12 healing/divine favor... I've been wearing censor's armor for the extra armor... do you think giving up the extra armor is worth it for the energy from the tattoos?

SojakFA
15-05-2005, 20:48
I just Ascended as well, and I think I'll be sticking with my tattoos. For monks our energy is our life blood, and for that very reason I've never really liked the Censors set because it has -energy modifiers. Tattoo's, however, have +7 energy over the base monk armor.

Well, that and it just looks damned cool ^_^

Hopefully we get some feedback from some monks farther along.

bodangly
16-05-2005, 19:13
I hope the tattoo's aren't the best choice for a mo/me, I think they look stupid! =\

magiksquirrel
16-05-2005, 20:38
after i acsended i got a set of tatooes, but i also picked up the censor's pants, for looks, and a little more armor in PvP, so that my tatooe feet patterns cancel out the neg energy on the pants, and as a protection monk energy is nice, but i can do with less than others as well

Glenn Guapo
17-05-2005, 08:31
I use the melee protection armor. Max power is nice but i find once the battle starts im rarely at max power.

Feynt
17-05-2005, 08:41
I use censor arm and feet wear, and chest and leg tattoos. The arm/feet cancel out the leggings bonus and I get extra armour versus physical. That, and I get to run around in the cold in a loin cloth. >D

Cantos
17-05-2005, 10:41
I think tatoos have the best mods, but I dont use them because I think they look bad.

Bravo
17-05-2005, 11:17
The creatures in the final mission do almost only elemental damage...

Avyer
17-05-2005, 16:54
The creatures in the final mission do almost only elemental damage...

Reason why I bought the Wanders set. But for PvP I will most likely pick up censors legs and chest and tat the rest. But I'll see, haven't played much of the GvG yet so if I get targeted by ele more than warriors i'll prolly switch back.

Elurian
17-05-2005, 17:10
Because of the hit system you are only gimping yourself if you go with censors on the arms/feet and tats for the chest/legs. For PvP and PvE I use the Wander's Chest/Legs and Tat the rest. If you are a prot monk you can get away with full tats.