PDA

View Full Version : Can this be funny in PVP?

Nemolo
16-05-2005, 00:53
Hi, this is my first post on this forum and I'm a newbie of this game.
I have thinked to this PvP pg : Warrior//Mesmer
I have seen a lot of Warrior//necro , Warrior//Monk on some forum but i have never seen Warrior//Mesmer
Why i think that it can be good?
Because it have a lot of spell wich can "disable" spellcaster o get malus on enemy. Then the sword can do his work... or not?
What do u think? Can you help me to make a build?

Ps
Sorry for my english I'm italian...If you don't understand what i mean plz, tell me and I'll try to be more clear!

Greenish Mango
17-05-2005, 16:32
I'm not sure, a mesmer does have a lot of high energy spells, (not even sure about that) and warriors have almost no energy, nor regeneration.

The trick is to balance your energy/time thingy:

Because you're a warrior/mesmer, you should have many adrenaline skills (which require no energy) and far less spells. You could use some signets of course, which do not require any energy aswell, but these have long recharge times.

Warrior/ele's could do a bit better though, they have glyphs so you can do lots of damage, and live longer (cause you're a 1e profession warrior)

ehh.. I'd go with your mesmer, just because it's your first choice and they usually turn out fun.
Keep in mind that no profession combo is bad, you just have to find out how to make it god.

Understandable english? ;) (I'm jus 14+dutch so it might not be! :D )

Nemolo
17-05-2005, 18:24
I'm not sure, a mesmer does have a lot of high energy spells, (not even sure about that) and warriors have almost no energy, nor regeneration.

The trick is to balance your energy/time thingy:

Because you're a warrior/mesmer, you should have many adrenaline skills (which require no energy) and far less spells.

Understandable english? ;) (I'm jus 14+dutch so it might not be! :D )

Yes. I will try some strange...^^'

Agonotheta
19-05-2005, 04:55
Default mesmer gear has a cane and a focus that can give you plus like 30 energy (though it takes away your regen.) It's good when you need to fire off more spells. Bonetti's Defense can help regenerate energy.

Hunt3r_kill4
20-05-2005, 05:21
Yes. I will try some strange...^^'

Your build is quite possible if you seek the correct skills. Mesmer should only be used for energy or defensive support in this build, for Mesmers do not have much low energy offensive skills. If a mage killer build is what you seek, you might consider Mesmer/xxxx.

A strategy I would suggest for W/Me is stock up on Energy attacks normal warriors could usually not afford to use such as savage slash, pure strike, seeking blade, etc. Then when you are fresh out of energy, use some spell that steals energy from opponents, and voila! Full energy again.

If you are especially insistant on your anti spellcaster build, consider some anti caster spells such as Mind Wrack, Spirit Shackles, Power Spike (with good timing), and use skills such as Sever Artery for life degeneration while you are casting.

Nemolo
24-05-2005, 17:31
Uhm... I'm trying this degeneration combo :
Server artery, Phantom pain, Gash...
I make te opponent bleeding, then i use phantompain and the life decrease very well! when i can use Gash i use gash.. After attack whit gash i can do some other things in base of the ability that i have equipped, and generally at this moment i have 10 energy to cast some offensive spell o drain energy and restart whit phantom pain bla bla ^^' .

Ps
There's a mesmer spell which encrease the duration and effect of hex spell like phantom pain for a long time but i haven't get it at the moment to try...

Isn't mass degeneration life funny? ^^

minetryk
02-06-2005, 05:53
My next character will be W/Me. My first warrior.

im thinking

warrior - sword
sever artery 0,0,0,4(adrenaline)
savage slash 5,0,10,0 - as an interrupt, use sparingly
galrath slash 0,0,0,8 - a good skill
final thrust 0,0,0,10 - uses all adrenaline. not sure about that. sounds bad.

mesmer
Ineptitude 10,1,20 against other warriors. elite skill
grenth's balance 15,1/4,60 might save your butt, and even things out a little if its you against two.
parasitic bond 5,1,2 low casting cost, give DOT of 1, heal for 102 (max curses) at end (20 sec.) if interrupted, do you get heal? no idea.

will be considered
insidious parasite 15,2,20 vs. warriors ax or sword. heal for 5-17 everytime you're hit by target (cost a lot, if not maxed, not worth energy cost for warrior).
Mark of pain- 10,2,30 if only you carry this, not that great for how it restricts your energy and with ineptitude and maybe grenth. If others caryy it, stacks nice with everyone laying out mark of pain.
Price of Failure 10,3,10 stack with blindness? could be good, if they take too long to realize why their health is dropping so fast
plague touch 5,3/4,0 low cost is good, might get you out of a pinch. screw an enemy as well. Likely a keeper.
resurrection signet. No earth shattering combos that need all 8 slots, a simple build. So we have to carry so others can combo.

BTW, I'm a noob

minetryk
02-06-2005, 06:03
OOps wrong sheet, that's W/N with ineptitude by accident. i'm retarded. I'll log out now. Sorry.

But ineptitude and epidemic would make you the warrior's warrior. And soothing images is an option. Throw in a power drain to interrupt casters and refuel your energy (spend 5 to get 25).maybe use energy tap to spend 5 to get 13. Re-use every 20 sec.

mainly

sword (12)
illusion (12)

strength for mainly damage or
dominate- if you use blackout, my favorate screw you spell in the game