PDA

View Full Version : Me/R Skill build

IMMORTAlMITCH
16-05-2005, 04:09
I need a little help with my skill build here.

If I would have made this char again I wouldn't have gotten Ranger as secondary profession as I'm solely using Mesmer skills atm, I'm using inspiration for Energy Tap and Ether Feast and Domination for Backfire, Empathy, Shatter Hex, Shatter Delusion, Power Spike and Energy Burn.

I've heard people talk about Me/R or R/Me for interrupting and I wonder what would be a good skill build for this.

Thanks in Advance,

Mitch

Alexa Dominia (Me/R lvl 15)
Panthera Keeneye (R/W lvl 14)

Nobleman Azure
16-05-2005, 04:39
it all depends on what you feel comfortable at.

I say, put up what you think you should put in your build and let us help you tweak it into place

IMMORTAlMITCH
16-05-2005, 05:54
it all depends on what you feel comfortable at.

I say, put up what you think you should put in your build and let us help you tweak it into place

I asked for a Me/R disruption build, I don't know really what to put in it apart from every power spell I can find..

Anyone that has something useful to say instead of just spamming every thread please?

Nobleman Azure
16-05-2005, 08:34
i was trying to help, and now you try to attack me for it?

hell i can be f**king blunt.
why dont you f**king look at the skill list, pick whatever the hell you think will interrupt, put it in this damned thread and people will begind to help you tweak teh hell out of it making it really playable

spam every thread? jesus christ i was HELPING people thats the point of this section

IMMORTAlMITCH
16-05-2005, 17:08
i was trying to help, and now you try to attack me for it?

hell i can be f**king blunt.
why dont you f**king look at the skill list, pick whatever the hell you think will interrupt, put it in this damned thread and people will begind to help you tweak teh hell out of it making it really playable

spam every thread? jesus christ i was HELPING people thats the point of this section

Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed the helpful part of, 'just pick skills you like' :( My bad.

I've heard people talk about an interruption build so since they are apparently familiar with it, asking for a skill build isn't all that strange or is it?

phatdawg
16-05-2005, 17:39
Well Mitch, the usual workflow of this forum is as follow:
1) State what you need (you did this).
2) Come up with a basic idea of what your build is going to look like. This is a very important step, which differentiate leechers from people that are willing to learn. The gwonline main site is very resourceful, find the skills description in the profession page.
3) Post your initial build once you have a picture in your mind.
4) The forum members will help you tweak your build.

Since you are new, here's some skills you should be looking at for interruption build:

Power spike, power drain, power leak, concussion shot, distracting shot, and more.

The definition for each skills can be taken from gwonline main site. Have fun building your first mes/ra build.

Dazmaster
16-05-2005, 20:52
Im also thinking of making a Me/R combo. I'm already a Mesmer, I need something that will take damage, but can also disrupt enemies, so I'm thinking domination magic, but I also want to be able to tame pets etc, for extra support so I reckon I will only really delve into the Beast Mastery skills there.

How many points would you recommend I put into fast casting as well?

Thanks

Daz

IMMORTAlMITCH
17-05-2005, 00:55
Im also thinking of making a Me/R combo. I'm already a Mesmer, I need something that will take damage, but can also disrupt enemies, so I'm thinking domination magic, but I also want to be able to tame pets etc, for extra support so I reckon I will only really delve into the Beast Mastery skills there.

How many points would you recommend I put into fast casting as well?

Thanks

Daz

I wouldn't get Ranger second after mesmer unless you really want to use bows (even then you'll probably be better of getting ranger first)

A pet, albeit fun, adds very little to combat, it is often times even a drawback as it's (inevitable) dead will disable all your skills for 8(??) seconds. The last thing you want as a mesmer is your skills disabled...

I'd probably get a caster as second profession depending on what you prefer to do with your char:

Lots of Direct damage:
Elementalist (or if Earth magic you can deal with warriors easily)
Combine with:
-Energy Burn
-Chaos Storm
-Etc

Hexes galore:
Necromancer (not enough hexes yet? Get some more :D)
Combine with:
-Phantasm
-Fragility
-Phantom Pain
-Etc

Disabling/Healing/Dispelling:
Monk (I'm not familiar at all with monks so I could be mistaken here)
Combine with:
-Empathy
-Backfire
-Etc

Anyways ranger is probably your second worst bet (after warrior) unless you're solely focusing on spell disruption (which I don't recommend for random PVPs for the simple reason that you cant rely on allies to do damage while you just disable)

Dazmaster
17-05-2005, 16:40
I think I'm going to go with marsmanship rather than beast mastery tbh, bows are fun to use, as you can hit from a distance, AND perform mesmer skills and ranger skills.

IMMORTAlMITCH
23-05-2005, 00:33
I think I'm going to go with marsmanship rather than beast mastery tbh, bows are fun to use, as you can hit from a distance, AND perform mesmer skills and ranger skills.

Yah, BMery is rather poor in comparison to other attributes.

ShadowGuy
28-05-2005, 11:27
I have a level 13 Me/R myself and I adore him, which is why I've been neglecting my higher level W/Mo. I love the fact that there are hardly any other people with my combination, so people are always surprised when they see a Mesmer shooting flaming arrows in between creating chaos storms (with level 8 fast cast to make more time for flaming arrows :D), sending a level 12 pet off to attack and being able to regenerate health. I rock. But, I really, really need a (better) bow with an energy bonus, as the fact that the Mesmer has so much more energy than the ranger is what makes the Me/R more powerful than the R/Me, in my opinion. I'm in Yak's Bend now and my +5 energy 9-13 bows are getting outdated...anybody know where to find better bows with energy bonuses?

Oh, and this is my first post here, so um, hi.

Samuel
20-06-2005, 10:43
I have a level 13 Me/R myself and I adore him, which is why I've been neglecting my higher level W/Mo. I love the fact that there are hardly any other people with my combination, so people are always surprised when they see a Mesmer shooting flaming arrows in between creating chaos storms (with level 8 fast cast to make more time for flaming arrows :D), sending a level 12 pet off to attack and being able to regenerate health. I rock. But, I really, really need a (better) bow with an energy bonus, as the fact that the Mesmer has so much more energy than the ranger is what makes the Me/R more powerful than the R/Me, in my opinion. I'm in Yak's Bend now and my +5 energy 9-13 bows are getting outdated...anybody know where to find better bows with energy bonuses?

Oh, and this is my first post here, so um, hi.
and how will all u me/r use mesmar as ur primary to ur advantage?
-fast cast
-armor
-energy
-rune