PDA

View Full Version : Question about Stances

MaximumSquid
16-05-2005, 04:26
most classes let you use a stance. More Notably Warriors and Rangers

I wondering how to get by someone using an evasion stance. I know you can use wildblow to end someone's stance early, but is there any other way to end their stance prematurely?

I'm playing a Ranger / Mesmer currently and i'm having trouble with people that just evade everything.

UndeadBehlial
16-05-2005, 06:48
Well, evasion only works against projectiles/arrows/melee attacks. You cant really evade things like Lightning Strike or Conjure. To get by this, think about bulking up on your mesmer castings - Illusion if you have it. Then again, as a R primary, you will have energy trouble. Keep in mind, most evasions are 75% or less.

For Rangers: Crippling Shot, Precision Shot, Called Shot. Using Determined Shot to your advantage.

Warriors: Pure Strike, Seeking Blade, Irresistable Blow, Warriors Cunning

Even packing just one can likely make a huge difference. I know when I use a dodge, that means I need to heal meaning healing signet. If someone gets a hit off, i'll usually die. Then again, these arent the best skills either - in fact the only skill for Ranger's i'd take is Precision Shot, and for Warriors if sword rake Pure Strike (like another Power Attack.)

Mhordin
20-05-2005, 04:30
Griffin's sweep works very well against evaders.

Hunt3r_kill4
20-05-2005, 06:29
Well, evasion only works against projectiles/arrows/melee attacks. You cant really evade things like Lightning Strike or Conjure. To get by this, think about bulking up on your mesmer castings - Illusion if you have it. Then again, as a R primary, you will have energy trouble. Keep in mind, most evasions are 75% or less.

For Rangers: Crippling Shot, Precision Shot, Called Shot. Using Determined Shot to your advantage.

Warriors: Pure Strike, Seeking Blade, Irresistable Blow, Warriors Cunning

Even packing just one can likely make a huge difference. I know when I use a dodge, that means I need to heal meaning healing signet. If someone gets a hit off, i'll usually die. Then again, these arent the best skills either - in fact the only skill for Ranger's i'd take is Precision Shot, and for Warriors if sword rake Pure Strike (like another Power Attack.)

I agree, using skills that would have secondary effects if blocked/evaded are nice, but they definately aren't worth sacraficing others skills for at the percentage of evaders now. Like Undead said, a skill like Pure Strike that works for both extra damage AND evaders is a win/win skill.