PDA

View Full Version : Warrior abuser or Monk abuser?

artyparty
16-05-2005, 19:53
I think I'm the only mesmer in my guild, and I was just wondering, should I be a warrior abuser or a monk abuser? I have builds for both, I'm just not sure which to be to most benefit my guild...

Nobleman Azure
16-05-2005, 20:00
theres a way you can be both.

Energy kill mesmers can abuse both types.
1. Killing the monks energy makes him run around in circles because he cannot cast at all.
2. Killing warriors energy is quick and easy because of the low amount, thus a big candidate for mind wrack.

but if you have to choose, go for monk. To avoid warriors just run around in circles, making sure a monk heals you if they have snaring

Chrisles
16-05-2005, 22:14
Throw in Spirit Shackle (For the next X seconds, target looses -5 energy whenever he/she attacks) with Mind Wreck. Great Combo there for Melee with just two spells.

Periac
16-05-2005, 23:38
Do you really get that much out of the shackle/wreck combo? Shackles is great IMO, but mind wreck seems like a wasted slot with rather low one time damage.

IMMORTAlMITCH
17-05-2005, 00:30
Throw in Spirit Shackle (For the next X seconds, target looses -5 energy whenever he/she attacks) with Mind Wreck. Great Combo there for Melee with just two spells.

Mergoyles used that combo vs me, very annoying :/

P.s. Where do you get either of those spells?

Nobleman Azure
17-05-2005, 03:46
Do you really get that much out of the shackle/wreck combo? Shackles is great IMO, but mind wreck seems like a wasted slot with rather low one time damage.

wrack does 85 damage on my current build and is only 5 energy 1 second cast with 5 recharge time. I think dealing 85 damage almost every 7 seconds is worth two slots

Periac
18-05-2005, 05:24
That's only 12 dps. You're better off just auto-attacking.

Nobleman Azure
18-05-2005, 06:27
you dismissed that these mesmer spells ignore armor.
you also dismissed the fact that damage isnt the key to a mesmer. Wrack is a consolation prize for a mesmer who just depleted his target's energy.

Attacking does not deplete energy.

Periac
19-05-2005, 06:26
Depleting their energy is all well and good, but the point remains that the damage from mind wrack is not worth a skill slot.