PDA

View Full Version : Adding components to already upgraded weapons

Brynn Caddoc
16-05-2005, 20:55
I was wondering if adding a component to a bow that is already upgraded (i.e. adding a Sundering Bowstring to an Icy Bow) would simply replace the old component.

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to replace components on Gold/Purple Bows.

Basically, I want to buy a rare (gold) bow that has a Warding Bowgrip that I want to replace with a Marksmanship bowgrip. I want to know if this is possible before I blow 6k+ on it :p

Jorithel
16-05-2005, 21:41
Upgrades will replace the current object you are using. so if you have a fire string and put an ice string on it, you lose the fire for ice.

Deven
17-05-2005, 00:09
Along the same questioning, what happens to the component that you 'replace'. Does it disappear or do you still have it to use in the future? I 'bought' a gold bow, Icylong longbow of defence, and wanted to change the grip to +1Marksman. The bow gives +13% damage (I am assuming from the icy) but I do not want to experiment if the results will be permanent? (i.e. loose the Icy string permanetly or will it be there to put back if I like the Icy prefix better?).