PDA

View Full Version : Fur squares, how much does a warrior need?

huxley maximus
16-05-2005, 22:09
I have about 10 fur squares right now and will be wanting to buy the best armor in a few days I imagine. I am not at the point where I can buy it or find it yet.

How much fur squares does the warrior need? Should I hold onto all ten of them or am I going to need even more of them? It is hard to hold onto them sometimes when people want to buy them for 400gc a square.

kanzakii
16-05-2005, 23:21
You'll need more.
It is your judgement call on whether you should sell the fur, really. 4 Charr Hides = Fur, and if you think you can gather 40 charr hides in 2 hours, then the rate of your earning for selling those furs will be 4000 in 2 hours (not much).

But of course, there are also people who sell for 300 per fur, so if you could buy low and sell high, then you can make profit that way pretty quickly, and hunt for fur later when you need it.

huxley maximus
16-05-2005, 23:58
You'll need more.
It is your judgement call on whether you should sell the fur, really. 4 Charr Hides = Fur, and if you think you can gather 40 charr hides in 2 hours, then the rate of your earning for selling those furs will be 4000 in 2 hours (not much).

But of course, there are also people who sell for 300 per fur, so if you could buy low and sell high, then you can make profit that way pretty quickly, and hunt for fur later when you need it.
Ok, I will hold onto them...I don't like hunting charrs that much lol. I think I am big enough to solo the charrs so I should get them pretty quickly.

improvize
17-05-2005, 09:46
Not just Charr Hide can be salvaged in fur. Every Hide can (Minotaur Hide example). I even got 3 furs from one hide. I dont remember whos hide was that :uhhuh:

huxley maximus
17-05-2005, 17:19
Not just Charr Hide can be salvaged in fur. Every Hide can (Minotaur Hide example). I even got 3 furs from one hide. I dont remember whos hide was that :uhhuh:
Really?? HMmmmmmm minitaur hide is easy to hunt and I can solo them without a problem...better drops too...but I like having the consitency of 4 charr hide=1 fur. I do have 10 or so minitaur hides I would like to get out of my inventory. Thanks!

Metroid Man
17-05-2005, 18:20
No, he means the collector in Ascalon city who trades 4 Charr Hides for a Fur. It is more likely that way to get one than pay money for an exp kit and even then you might not get one. You're best off doing the collector IMO.

Later on... You won't need furs. Leather and Steel will be your needs.

huxley maximus
17-05-2005, 18:58
No, he means the collector in Ascalon city who trades 4 Charr Hides for a Fur. It is more likely that way to get one than pay money for an exp kit and even then you might not get one. You're best off doing the collector IMO.

Later on... You won't need furs. Leather and Steel will be your needs.
Well I am already at the druid city in the jungle area (I DESPISE this area. I hate the jungle effects and I despise the enemies).

I may just stick with the armor found here for a while. There are two traders in the jungle that will give me a +1 hammer mastery gauntlets and +1 hammer mastery helmet. I am going to be hard pressed (until I get enough runes to fill everything) to get rid of these things.

proudfoot
18-05-2005, 04:10
So just to get this straight... An Expert Salvage Kit sometimes gets Fur Squares from Charr Hides?

improvize
18-05-2005, 11:33
So just to get this straight... An Expert Salvage Kit sometimes gets Fur Squares from Charr Hides?

Yup!

Valasse En Llanowar

Hunt3r_kill4
19-05-2005, 06:11

VERY, very low chance on lower level items. I suggest you wait until you get higher end hides such as...Minotaur

huxley maximus
19-05-2005, 22:02
Last minitaur hide i salvaged produced three, count em, three fur squares. Thanks for the tip too. As soon as I got to the desert I used every single fur square.