PDA

View Full Version : Ele build, Ele/Nec or Ele/Mes ??!!??

Kossan
16-05-2005, 22:18
I know that the "what should my secondary profession threads" are gettign really annoying so i'll just add another one ;)

I'm planning a fire elementalist but my problem is the secondary profession, im chosing between a blood necro and an illusion mesmer, i'm mainly attracted to the life siphon/conjure phantasm skills but there are many other usefull skills in both builds, so which one is best suited for PVE ? ... we'll deal with pvp later :happy65: Tnx / Kossan

NewMessiah
16-05-2005, 22:25
I know that the "what should my secondary profession threads" are gettign really annoying so i'll just add another one ;)

I'm planning a fire elementalist but my problem is the secondary profession, im chosing between a blood necro and an illusion mesmer, i'm mainly attracted to the life siphon/conjure phantasm skills but there are many other usefull skills in both builds, so which one is best suited for PVE ? ... we'll deal with pvp later :happy65: Tnx / Kossan

A fire elementalist? You dont quite choose that off te bat. You gain spells from quests.

I would go with a mesmer.

Kossan
16-05-2005, 23:18
tnx man .... btw i know that i "dont quite choose that off te bat" but i'm still working on hte plan for the character and decided to focus on fire

Puck
17-05-2005, 23:37
I have both and I can say I have advanced with my E/NE faster than my E/ME.
Ne is a great second profession for an elementalist. :happy53:

Puck Dreadfire

mumerikram
18-05-2005, 00:10
I'm using an Elem(Fire)/Necro(Blood) character, and he really kicks butt. Uptil now he has died only a few times. He's at Yak's Bend right now and at Lvl 13.

The best way is to kill one enemy, use Well of Blood and then go crazy with AoE.

Personnally I think that a Necro/Mesmer fits better than an Elem/Mesmer.

Kossan
18-05-2005, 01:44
tnx for the help ppl :happy14:

i've now taken necro as my second prof :D

Deaths Advocate
18-05-2005, 01:49
Excellent Decision. I find that the best way to find a second profession is to find skills that work well together, just for a rough example, I have a friend who is a lvl 20 W/R or R/W can't remember, anyhow, He has a great bow, and uses frenzy :happy14: Lets just say he totally owns, there are alot of great combinations, you just gotta test em out. Put things together like, maybe a skill makes you faster, but makes your attacks weaker, but you also put on a magic attack spell so all your attacks do more, that way, you gain the speed bonus, and still have a good damage.

Argos Dreadbane
18-05-2005, 06:59
I currently am running a E/N Death magic build. And I might say, it's working beautifully....I just ascended yesterday and i'm loving this build.

The strat is actually quite versatile...what I usually do, if it's one enemy, is cast these spells in order. (most of the time, given the monster's/player's armor)...1.(before in battle) Glyph of Lesser Energy 2. Armor of Earth 3.Rotting Flesh 4.Firestorm 5. Meteor 6. Then usually I just spam flare...but generally they are already dead by then...truthfully..this strat also works for grouped enemies as well...but instead..since you won't be in the heat of battle with a group..you can equip putrid explosion and start blowing up corpses for additional dmg between flare spams. Yes, i know two other skills...well...i have death nova...haha..just in case i'm going to die..and then i like to always have phoenix handy. And you thought you had to have all elite skills to whoop ***...naahhh.. :)

Penelope
18-05-2005, 15:41
Ctually I have a el/necro and I focus alot on death magic and fire. My way to do a lot of damage is to have someone tank, have life siphon on, then firewall, then have meteor on top of that, and as soon as someone dies, I raise a bone fiend spell(that i captured from vereta)...

Chronus24
19-05-2005, 00:10
firewall? maybe too much D2 there, no?

Kossan
19-05-2005, 16:14
sounds good .... right now im mainly using my fire skills, havent really gotten into the necro ones yet... death magic seems usefull.
im in desperate need of fire or ele attunement right now as my mana runs VERY low lol

shrinkled
22-05-2005, 19:27
I have an E/N and it is really good. The necro spells keep me alive when I get attacked in PvE. As for the PvP the draining life spells are good but the other char take down your life very fast for stealing health to make you nearly invincible like on PvE