PDA

View Full Version : Complete New Idea

Im Bogus
17-05-2005, 00:10
how about this combo, i know is not good but it might be if some flaws are fixed:

A Mesmer/ranger
9 fast cast
10 inspiration
12 wilderness

-Greater Conflagration (elite): Create a level 1-8 Spirit. For creatures within its range, all physical damage is fire damage instead. This Spirit dies after 30-126 seconds. This is an elite skill.
-Winter: Create a level 1-8 Spirit. For creatures within its range, all elemental damage is cold damage instead. This Spirit dies after 30-126 seconds.
-Mantra of frost: For 30-78 seconds, whenever you take cold damage, the damage is reduced by 26%-45% and you gain 1 energy.
-Elemental Resistance: For 30-78 seconds, you gain +40 AL against elemental damage, but you lose 24-14 AL against physical damage.
-Ether feast:Target foe loses 5 energy. You are healed 8-24 for each point of energy lost
-Storm Chaser: For 8-18 seconds, you move 25% faster, and you gain 1-4 energy whenever you take elemental damage.
-Power Drain: If target foe is casting a spell, the spell is interrupted and you gain 1-25 energy.
-"some good attacking skill"

HAHAHAHAHAHA... i want to see the faces of the other players when they notice i cant be killed (except by dienchants... shhhh! ) :winking47

this_barb
17-05-2005, 09:36
This build sucks

Kill the spirits and your toast.

Im Bogus
18-05-2005, 00:11
hahahaha.... i know.... or kinda...

i never played ranger befor so i didnt know the can be killed. i just noticed that a lot of spells make a hughe combo.... :idea:

FUN BUILD !!! :happy53:

showme
20-05-2005, 23:27
hahahaha.... i know.... or kinda...

i never played ranger befor so i didnt know the can be killed. i just noticed that a lot of spells make a hughe combo.... :idea:

FUN BUILD !!! :happy53:

The idea of changing all the physical damage to fire and then resisting agaisnt fire is kinda neat, does that change the enemies damage as well? The main problem with your build is you don't do damage at all.

Im Bogus
21-05-2005, 01:54
it does change ther enemys dmg too but that not a problem cause u r the only one with protection...

the dmg part is more dificult cause i cant spend more attr point in other attaking attribute but there must be a way... traps or preparation might be neat

Im Bogus
21-05-2005, 02:07
change of build :
i decided that many skill can be spared cause they are not needed

-Greater conflagration
-elemental resistance
-matra of flame
-storm chaser
-flame trap
-barbed trap
-ignite arrows
-ether feast

same stategy with more dmg

Can anyone please tell me how hard are spirits to kill ?

Phaeax
21-05-2005, 02:36
First thing that I noticed was that you have both Elemental Resistance and Mantra of <some element>, and with both being stances, you can only have one active at a time.

There used to be a few PvP teams in the beta testing that ran a team of Rangers with Greater Conflagration followed by Winter (then called Blizzard). It was before the nature rituals appeared as spirits, making them very difficult to remove. The rituals cast in the correct order would make all damage cold damage and they'd load up on armor with AL bonuses to cold and cold protection spells. I wouldn't doubt that it was an impetus behind changing the way nature rituals work.

As for its applicability now, I'm not too sure. In PvP (which is not this forum ;)), once the more skilled players realize what is going on, they'd drop your spirits quickly and make quick work of you soon after. But in PvE I'm not terribly sure how the monsters' AI reacts to nature rituals. If they tend to ignore them, this actually could be a fairly good defense for your team.

Im Bogus
23-05-2005, 19:48
thx for the new info... ill change the stances thing :winking47

plus: if anyone could have info on the mosters reaction to spirits that qould be VERY helpfull...

thx again

Aidan Gawain
25-05-2005, 08:20
thx for the new info... ill change the stances thing :winking47

plus: if anyone could have info on the mosters reaction to spirits that qould be VERY helpfull...

thx again

I've had monsters kill off my spirits many times. They're not as smart about it as humans, but if you don't protect your spirits well, this combo could be a bit risky.