PDA

View Full Version : Mes/Ele or Ele/Mes

Cordio Muffinhead
17-05-2005, 04:56
I had a Mes/Ele, but that was in presearing, so I didn't use too much mana. I use faster casting, but is that better for an Elementalist, due to the 3 second cast time for certain spells, or is the energy storage better, due to the 30 starting mana?
Help is appreciated.

Feynt
17-05-2005, 05:04
Well you can get an extra 10 energy or more from an offhand focus, so energy isn't too much of a problem, running out is though. Energy Storage helps solve that problem in the short term, allowing you to cast spells to annihilate your opponents in a chain casting flurry of death. However when all is said and done you're still waiting for energy.

To that end, I believe going mesmer is better. Fast Cast can help on those 3 second or longer spells that are found in the arsenal of most elementalists, and that can mean doing more damage in a shorter period of time, giving less opportunity for your foes to deal with the damage dealt.

Cordio Muffinhead
17-05-2005, 12:50
Okay, thats what I had earlier, and I like it, massive fiery death very quickly, but I tended not to have mana afterwards. And my friend made an Ele/Mes, and I hadn't noticed the problem as much with him...
Whatever, thanks for the input.
I'll take the advice, I was leaning that way anyhow.

Jayblah
17-05-2005, 19:42
Depends on your build. Since you seem to want to use Elementalist spells along with your Mesmer skills, Me/E would be better in my opinion.

If you are going pure Mesmer (since the class itself has a wide variety of spells to perform the shutdown role), I would suggest E/Me over Me/-. Mesmer spells typically cast in 3 seconds or less. Since you are going pure Mesmer, you will likely have points in each skillline, with a pittance left over and put to Fast Cast if maining as a Me/-. At low Fast Cast, 3 second spells won't be affected significantly at all.

So for a pure Mesmer role, I prefer Energy Storage (even 5 Energy Storage is 15 mana, or one extra Mesmer spell in most cases) and thus E/Me.

Going primary Mesmer offers subjob freedom like Necro (more shutdown options) or Monk (Fast Cast Rez or Scourge Healing) though which is also a big plus. You also get the +skill masks.

Miss Ainia
17-05-2005, 22:05
I am E/Me :p i just made it, so i dont know what skills i shall use really..

But im going Air i think :)
Can someone tell me which skills i shall have ? I wanna be a killer.. heavy dmg :D

atm i only use Conjure Phantasm from the mesmer .. shall i take some in Domination and use Backfire too ? tell me stats too please :)

Cordio Muffinhead
18-05-2005, 02:58
Yes I do want to do Elementalist spells. I figured since the cast time was so long, Mesmer's Fast Casting attribute helps, but Energy Storage helps also.
I think I am going to do the Mes/Ele, thanks for the input guys.
:happy34: