PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade this bow or not?

Gkirmathal
17-05-2005, 17:28
I got this very nice looking bow, which looks like the bows used by the Jade Bows.

Ebon Horn Bow (customized)
15-28 earth dmg
18%+ dmg while hexed

I got the Following components that I can use: Shocking string, Sundering String and one Fortitude grip. Now I do not know wether Ebon is actually good enough to keep or not, Sundering also sounds nice, but I cant make up mind on it. Any have any advice on this?

sahlakh
17-05-2005, 18:22
I got this very nice looking bow, which looks like the bows used by the Jade Bows.

Ebon Horn Bow (customized)
15-28 earth dmg
18%+ dmg while hexed

I got the Following components that I can use: Shocking string, Sundering String and one Fortitude grip. Now I do not know wether Ebon is actually good enough to keep or not, Sundering also sounds nice, but I cant make up mind on it. Any have any advice on this?

Fortitude grip is always good.

I'm not sure if earth damage is good, you may want to replace that with some string, eg. with zealous if horn bow is fast and you're using tiger's fury and barrage.

Gkirmathal
17-05-2005, 18:34
Fortitude grip is always good.

I'm not sure if earth damage is good, you may want to replace that with some string, eg. with zealous if horn bow is fast and you're using tiger's fury and barrage.

I already got a Composite 28 dmg bow with Zealous on it, so this would be a bow for dealing dmg. Pity that is was not 18% while hp>50% :p

Anyway dmg wise, what would be a better choise? Shocking(got), Fiery, Icy, Sundering(got) or +5 Vamp?

Nairax
17-05-2005, 18:47
I recommend keeping ebon. Adding a bow grip wouldn't hurt, though.

Lucille Drako
18-05-2005, 11:56
I recommend keeping ebon. Adding a bow grip wouldn't hurt, though.

Your comp bow far outclasses it- your refire rate with that horn bow is 2.7 seconds, if memory serves, with a slower arrow speed, plus you only have the same range as the comp.

I recommend just concentrating on your comp wth upgrades, and see if you can swap that ebon thingie for a short bow or half moon bow to speed up refire.

I desperately need a purple or max dam bow- both mine are: longbow 14-27 and short bow is 14-26, but I wouldn't compromise on a purple horn bow- just too slow, poor range over the longbow, and damage per second is going to decrease. Even missing shots is going to be more frequent- due to the slower arrows.