PDA

View Full Version : Read the wind or apply poison?

sdpenaloza
17-05-2005, 23:51
As i farmed in fire island i realized that with poison arrow many monsters drop quicker, because if i got hunter shot, with poison arrow, and toss in conjure phantism their hp dropped alot, really quickly.

I was wondering though if this is viable build for actual pvp runs and normal uw or fissure runs?

aiming for Rex build (sharpnel's pirate king build) =):

my stats:
Illusion: 12
Expertise: 9+2
Wilderness Survival: 3+1
Marksmanship: 9+4

Hunter Shot: 5 energy
Epidemic: 15 energy
Conjure Phantism: 10 Energy
Troll Urgent: 5 energy
Throw Dirt: 5 energy
Lightning Reflexes: 10 energy
Res Signet

the final slot is a toss up from
apply poison: 15 energy (24 seconds duration, 6 seconds poisoned)
Read The wind: 5 energy ( 12 seconds durartion, 9+ dmg to attack)

which ya think would be better?

390 hp / 31 energy

was wondering if apply poison would kinda make the skill build part stretched for energy? ( i will be using a short bow zealous though, and i have 2 arrow regen on energy always so i don't even lose energy from that)

and on long range (long bow with marks +1 19% when skill used) so i am sure the poison snipe would hit its mark most of the time xD

Glenn_Irving
18-05-2005, 03:53
I say apply poison for I always thought it was better.

Feynt
18-05-2005, 11:45
Poison and bleeding put any target at -6 HPR. That's pretty respectable as it is. Why not ditch Conjure Phantasm and put in Favourable Winds so you don't have to decide between Apply Poison and Read the Wind?

Picus
18-05-2005, 20:47
If I am not mistaken poison is considered a condition and thereby affected my Epidemic no? So if you plan on using Epidemic alot the poison arrows will go along with it nicely. :)

sdpenaloza
18-05-2005, 21:00
i think your right :D i didn't even think of that, did a few rounds in pvp and with a random party of opponents with monk i hit one war as soon as he see i toss 3 degen hp skill/spells on him he ran for it running to the party, *thinks about epidemic* lol this would be interesting :D lol

i'll try that, seems like read the wind is out for apply poison, as long as i don't over do the spamming of skill i should be fine, in PvE i killed a lvl 28 solo with the poison arrow which wasn't that possible before so PvE i am certainly keeping it =) , for pvp i like it too, but if i do it too early i get all the warrior in the whole opposing party doing final thrust one me =(

sdpenaloza
18-05-2005, 21:27
yup it works with epidemic =) look like we got a new slot 2 skill (apply poison) =)

dropped stats to
10 illusion
3+1 beast mastery (spare points)
9+2 expertise
8+1 wilderness survival
9+3 marksmanship

although this drops conjure phantism to 10 seconds durations instead of 12 seconds

it raises from 6 seconds to 10 seconds for poison (poision apply) plus troll urgent heals 10 seconds +7 instead of +5 and of course now i can lvl my pet a bit and use him as a distraction when i solo hunt =)

is taht a good trade off?

Feynt
18-05-2005, 22:32
Sounds good to me. Or if you want to work exclusively with Epidemic, remove Conjure Phantasm since it doesn't transfer over to nearby enemies (it's not a condition). I won't deny it's a good spell, but perhaps there's something else you might want.

lordofbones
19-05-2005, 05:49
How long does a poisoner's bowstring increase poison duration by? Maybe taking a poisoner's bowstring would let you invest fewer points in wilderness survival, if you don't want to make a big commitment there.

sdpenaloza
19-05-2005, 07:29
How long does a poisoner's bowstring increase poison duration by? Maybe taking a poisoner's bowstring would let you invest fewer points in wilderness survival, if you don't want to make a big commitment there.
don't really mind it does benefit me allowing me to tank better when i am stuck with the monsters since troll urgent gets a boost =)

Bravo
19-05-2005, 13:16
Could consider having a necro in your party (you can't do everything hehe) to inflict disease on the enemies too (that should put them at the -10 degen limit) and you can proceed to epidemic possibly with some other conditions...

Phantom pain might be handy too, for the deep wound at the end if you can time things right (or shatter delusions)...

sdpenaloza
19-05-2005, 17:25
Could consider having a necro in your party (you can't do everything hehe) to inflict disease on the enemies too (that should put them at the -10 degen limit) and you can proceed to epidemic possibly with some other conditions...

Phantom pain might be handy too, for the deep wound at the end if you can time things right (or shatter delusions)...

well thats true xD, a few times after stacking hunter shot and poison to a monster i'm low for energy, plus that and its already maxed phantom pain looks pretty good, i like that 20% max down, i'll check out shatter delusions too =)

TerraHero
19-05-2005, 23:44
Curious, you dont seem to carry a pet or any beast mastery skills. so why increase on that?

perhaps increase it on a mesmer stat so u can switch around. Spirit shackles is a good one to make fighters and rangers burn trough there energy fast.

Or Ether Feast, at 0 Illusion magic will drain 5 enrgy from the enemy and heal you for 8 health per energy lost by enemy, so thats already 40

Beast Mastery just seems like such a waste, seeing as u're more likely to try diff mesmer skills then beast mastery skills.

sdpenaloza
20-05-2005, 01:04
i was thinking about beast mastery because then i can solo with a pet but now looking at 3 inspiration (ether feast - 12 * 5 for 60, or even energy tap gives 9 energy back sounds nice for solo runs) =)

thanks for the info :D