PDA

View Full Version : Fireball or Pheonix?

Funky Monkey
18-05-2005, 01:17
The power of Fireball and Pheonix seems to be the same, also the area damage around where the skill was hit. But i've always heard that Pheonix is better, why? It has a +15 rechange rate and +1 skill casting time.

Other than the information on Pheonix saying it has explosion damage, it's still about the same damage as Fireball's explosion damage.

Info?

xjunjix
18-05-2005, 03:29
I believe its because phoenix first does damage to everything around you, then damage to target, and everything around it. something like that...i think

Niscandia
18-05-2005, 04:01
Basicly:
Phoenix = Inferno + Fireball

So your casting both spells at once so to speak.
And if you want to see damage from Pheonix, walk up to a mob and cast it righ in its face... try that with fireball and the mob will probably still be attacking you, with Pheonix that mob is now hurting pretty well, depending on where your at...

Niscandia

Funky Monkey
18-05-2005, 16:04
Then which would be better to have?

Fireball and Phenoix or Inferno and Pheonix?

I can't have all three because I have other fire skills and healing skills I keep with me.

Verity
18-05-2005, 17:31
Then which would be better to have?

Fireball and Phenoix or Inferno and Pheonix?

I can't have all three because I have other fire skills and healing skills I keep with me.

I use Phoenix and inferno as a combo very often. I love the wide area double whammy from the phoenix and the kill everything next to you inferno. The inferno is for bad mobs . I usually trade off with Whilrwind which is really effective for retarding and damaging foes next to u. it also consumes less energy and is faster.

Niscandia
18-05-2005, 18:58
So far my method involves:

Prebattle: Conjure fire

Phoenix, Inferno, hundred blades (until Phoenix & Inferno are backup), then repeat

Works wonders verses the frost/ice mobs, works quite well vs regualar mobs... now I just need to work on killing off inferno imps now...

Niscandia

PS: My E/W is a PvE, and hasn't made it to the tombs yet... so I can't say how well this works vs Players... My experice with PvP chars is that they run from the Phoenix so you only get 1/2 dmg on them.. so Fireball and Inferno will possible be better in PvP... don't know. Though I have seen a few stupid monks turn to face me instead of running, and wonder why they when they went from 100% down to 10% health, then see my sword coming for them... *grins*

Diceclock
18-05-2005, 19:25
Phoenix is superior for PvE, because mobs are stupid, and love gang-banging Elementalists in large hordes, making them perfect canidates for the Phoenix double whammy.

In PvP, Fireball. Because people are smart enough to interupt an eternally long cast being done right in their face, as well as smart enough not to bunch up in packs like that.

Feynt
18-05-2005, 22:33
Well most people are smart enough to avoid standing next to an elementalist casting Phoenix, or to interrupt them. SOME people though either doubt your power or are clueless.