PDA

View Full Version : Did I just get noobed?

skygoneblue
18-05-2005, 03:26
So this guy sold me the Rogue's Set for 450 gold.

I can't equip it. There is nothing on there confusing me other than that "Customized for Mesmela the Mesmer" (the guy who sold it to me).

Did I just get scammed, or is there something I am not doing to be able to wear this set? :(

Lady Deathraven
18-05-2005, 03:27
You got noobed, BIG time.

Sorry, but it's true. Keep this in mind in the future: you CANNOT, under ANY circumstances, use armor that someone else crafted. When armor is crafted (or given by a collector), it is automatically customized for that person. Nobody else is able to use it.

I'm sorry you had to learn this the hard way.

skygoneblue
18-05-2005, 03:44
Well, I am still really new to this. I have never crafted anything, so I would have no idea.

Oh well...In any case, how do I get this set for myself? I hear it's pretty nice for BeastMaster! :surprise:

Lady Deathraven
18-05-2005, 05:26
Hmmm... I think we may have run into a second problem.

Are you a Ranger? I assume you are, because you're posting in the Ranger forum. Something about your post caused me to wonder. Two things, actually: the name of the set, and the name of the person who gave it to you.

Mesmela the Mesmer sounds, obviously, like a Mesmer. Furthermore, "Rogue" was a set that sounded familiar to me, but not as a Ranger. I checked out the armor listings on this website, and it turns out that I had recalled the set from when I made my PVP Mesmer in the Beta event in April.

Long story short, the Rogue's set is a set of armor for Mesmers. If your main class is not Mesmer, you will not only be unable to wear it, you will be unable to obtain it from any crafter or collector anywhere.

If, however, you ARE a Mesmer, you can very easily find a set of Rogue's armor at the crafter in Ascalon. Something tells me, however, that this is not the case.

Tryptonite
18-05-2005, 08:29
So this guy sold me the Rogue's Set for 450 gold.

I can't equip it. There is nothing on there confusing me other than that "Customized for Mesmela the Mesmer" (the guy who sold it to me).

Did I just get scammed, or is there something I am not doing to be able to wear this set? :(

I'm sorry to hear that. My friend got ripped off tonite with the red-dye scam (it's really the dye remover). Gotta love how the game allows people to be people.

Peace
Tryp

Baldy
18-05-2005, 16:00
I'm sorry to hear that. My friend got ripped off tonite with the red-dye scam (it's really the dye remover). Gotta love how the game allows people to be people.

Peace
Tryp
Dye remover no longer looks like red dye. It got changed last patch.

TerraHero
18-05-2005, 16:40
propably because more ppl scammed with it ;)

Not sure but can u salvage armor that is not customized for you?

if you can its an idea to salvage that armor u bougth to get some of the items you need for an armor fitting your class.

skygoneblue
18-05-2005, 18:27
Oh, weird, because I swore someone said that the Rogue's set was good for a BeastMaster in an older thread. What is the Ranger set then? Is it any good for a BMaster?

Also, I had an idea. I wonder if the programmers would think that putting a prompt on trades involving customized gear would help prevent scamming. Like, in that instance, after I hit accept, what if a dialog prompt came up and said something like "Items customized for other players cannot be worn by any player other than the player for which those items are customized. Are you sure you want to trade?"

Seriously, how helpful AND informative would that be? What are you guys' thoughts?

(Thanks again for all the info guys!)

GROGK
18-05-2005, 19:33

Peace
Tryp

Yep, true colors show.

Ruke
18-05-2005, 20:23
What lamers, hearing this stuff really annoys me.

skygoneblue
18-05-2005, 20:35
Join the club man. I shut off my computer last night not really caring if I ever played again.

I really wish there was a single-player mode of the game that you didn't have to play online. No moronic people, no lag, just fun.

So, does anyone know the answer to my question above, or like my idea?