PDA

View Full Version : any decent/good R/Me PvE b builds?

Reikai
18-05-2005, 05:35
well, i'm currently a R/Me, as my first character.

I have no idea how to work a great PvE build, as I currently am more "anticaster" based, so all I do is shut down enemy mesmers/monks...

so, I was wondering if someone could give me a good/decent PvE/solo ranger build?

jstreed
18-05-2005, 17:33
well, i'm currently a R/Me, as my first character.

I have no idea how to work a great PvE build, as I currently am more "anticaster" based, so all I do is shut down enemy mesmers/monks...

so, I was wondering if someone could give me a good/decent PvE/solo ranger build?

I have a level 11 R/Mes and I found it to be incredibly difficult in PvE. PvP was another matter entirely (rocked). The character build is so specialized that PvE becomes a boring grind. The really good Ranger skills (barrage) won't come until much later, making you depend on your secondary class. In this case, the secondary isn't much of a damage dealer either. :(

I'm currently using a Mes/Elem and I'm finding it to be much more of what I was expecting. Give it some time, and if it doesn't suit you, you can always try again.

falynn
18-05-2005, 17:35
I've got a lvl12 R/Me and I'm having no problems with PvE (yet at least).

Still quite far back at Surmia, but I can quite happily wander around most areas exploring with just a healer henchie and take out most mobs, aslong as I don't get jumped by 6 or 7 lvl 8 or higher.

might have more of a problem later I guess, but ok for now at least :P