PDA

View Full Version : Farming

SprintFun
18-05-2005, 07:12
I just saw the movie somebody made about that monk farming stuff, and I got to thinking...shouldn't the master of AoE spells be a little better at farming. I think tomorrow I'm going to try and figure out the best places to farm. What I'm looking for is going to be a good place where there are groupings of about 4 non-healing mobs...drop decent loot...and wont hit hard enough that I'll get splattered before getting off some spells. Here's the lineup I think I'm going to use...

1)Flare
2)Flame Burst
3)Inferno
4)Phoenix
5)Fireball
6)Meteor
7)Aura of Restoration
8)Elemental Attunement

Was thinking of getting Glyph of Sacrifice in for like Meteor and using it instantly cast Fire Storm (swap in for fireball?) to get some immediate damage. Cast Flame Burst and Inferno in quick succession, then Fireball (if still using), then Flame Burst again, and if needed Phoenix (if still using).

Not sure how this will exactly work out...and I'm sure it will take a little bit to find a good mix. I think the mobs I kill will be the most crucial part. I don't know what region to try...was thinking one of the zones where the White Mantle are introduced about. I should have about 15 fire magic, and hopefully will be able to get through some damage. Also, thinknig of bringing along a healer henchie...will cut into the profit but may keep me alive.

Xircon
18-05-2005, 22:46
I just saw the movie somebody made about that monk farming stuff, and I got to thinking...shouldn't the master of AoE spells be a little better at farming. I think tomorrow I'm going to try and figure out the best places to farm. What I'm looking for is going to be a good place where there are groupings of about 4 non-healing mobs...drop decent loot...and wont hit hard enough that I'll get splattered before getting off some spells. Here's the lineup I think I'm going to use...

1)Flare
2)Flame Burst
3)Inferno
4)Phoenix
5)Fireball
6)Meteor
7)Aura of Restoration
8)Elemental Attunement

Was thinking of getting Glyph of Sacrifice in for like Meteor and using it instantly cast Fire Storm (swap in for fireball?) to get some immediate damage. Cast Flame Burst and Inferno in quick succession, then Fireball (if still using), then Flame Burst again, and if needed Phoenix (if still using).

Not sure how this will exactly work out...and I'm sure it will take a little bit to find a good mix. I think the mobs I kill will be the most crucial part. I don't know what region to try...was thinking one of the zones where the White Mantle are introduced about. I should have about 15 fire magic, and hopefully will be able to get through some damage. Also, thinknig of bringing along a healer henchie...will cut into the profit but may keep me alive.
I dont think so. Many farm runs you solo you take paths to avoid the things that give weak drops. You only go for the main guys. Commonly the you may only be fighting a single or pair of guys. Brute damage such as from a warrior is generally the best.

An ele cannot take the damage they might receive from a group of guys long enough for the AoE to do its damage. Same as a monk. If you can come up with the right build, this could work. But assuming you want AoE spells you are wanting to take on mobs. Even a warrior and there high armor would only live for so long.

If you wanted to take on mobs, get a few guildmats togthere and farm together.

SprintFun
18-05-2005, 22:58
I dont think so. Many farm runs you solo you take paths to avoid the things that give weak drops. You only go for the main guys. Commonly the you may only be fighting a single or pair of guys. Brute damage such as from a warrior is generally the best.

An ele cannot take the damage they might receive from a group of guys long enough for the AoE to do its damage. Same as a monk. If you can come up with the right build, this could work. But assuming you want AoE spells you are wanting to take on mobs. Even a warrior and there high armor would only live for so long.

If you wanted to take on mobs, get a few guildmats togthere and farm together.

I did it for a little bit today, and it definately CAN be done. I just need to find the right place to kill things. I think the range I was killnig was lvl 16-18 today taking on sets of 3. A set of 4 destroyed me, but I'm still working on what skills to use. For the first time doing it (mayb totalling 30 mins of killing) I got some general crap loot, quite a few light blues, about 4 purples, and a nice gold bow that should bring in about 2k. As I said, once I find a good place and the right build this will be awesome. Any suggestions on what you think a good spot for lvl 14-18 mobs in groups of 3s are would be great...

LilyAya
19-05-2005, 00:00
I been experimenting with my ele much like you it seems,n i have some of the spells you have equiped (aoe spells / phoenix / blah) - but i use 'armor of earth' (gives me 53+ armor and takes damage from white mantle/oher things to under half of usual^^ 16+ to 8 or less a hit). That and 'after shock' for when meteor storm decks them.

Managed to take out group of 7 - 10+, but only with mobs that rush you\. Archers still annoy me...

But maybe your just a pyromancer? my build is 8+4 earth, 12+1 fire, 10 energy storage, 2+1 air magic. I like the deffsinve capabilitys of earth combined with aoe of fire^^

SprintFun
19-05-2005, 00:12
Yea, I think my next plan is to combine a set of Fire and Earth magic skills. I need to do a few things though first to get my build right rune-wise. I think I can get a build of
Fire 12 (Minor +1) 13
Energy Storage 10 (Minor +1) 11
Earth Magic 8 (Eye, Major +3) 11

Earthquake
Aftershock
Flame Burst
Inferno
Phoenix
Armor of Earth
Aura of Restoration
Elemental Attunement

Also have a major vigor in the build to help offset hp loss. Again, just need a good place to do this at. One thing that coems to mind is the trolls on infuse runs...but getting to them solo without a sprinting spell would suck. And they may be too high of level. I think level 17ish will be the max these tactics will work on. Being an Ele/Monk would make this go a ton easier I would think...

Aire
19-05-2005, 00:33
A good place to farm is outside Bergen's Hot Springs. There are walls elementalists can hide behind, then cast firestorm and meteor shower and decimate them. I've got a Superior Vigor, Major Death, Major Fire and Major Fast Casting and a load of Minor runes from there

I just use

Flare
Fireball
Meteor Shower
Meteor
Firestorm
Armour of Earth/Earthquake
Mending
Healing Breeze

Works wonders

/Aire :)