PDA

View Full Version : Damage Dealing Build

AAATed
18-05-2005, 06:43
Right now I have a bunch of heavy damage blood magic skills, but I wanted to expand into either curses or death magic. What are some good damage spells for either of these classes, and which should I go into?

CruelaD
18-05-2005, 10:13
You can use death magic . Death pact and vile touch deal good dmg, they recharge very fast so you can acutally spam them AND they're cheap :p.The catch is that they require some health sacrifice which shouldn't be a problem with all your draining skills

Ihateeggplants
18-05-2005, 12:57
Sometimes I like to use Grenth's Balance in PvP for giggles. In a split second a Warrior loses about 300 health and is all "WTF HAX!."

Nerghul
18-05-2005, 13:31
Sometimes I like to use Grenth's Balance in PvP for giggles. In a split second a Warrior loses about 300 health and is all "WTF HAX!."
what is this grenth's balance you speak of? sounds fun :love57:

Deaths Advocate
18-05-2005, 13:34
haha, sounds great. But the whole thing about hacking is virtually impossible on Guild Wars. But thanks for the new idea :clap:

Active Shadows
18-05-2005, 16:11
Just go with a vamp build. Blood magic and swords. N/W

Great dmg, and high health.

ShadisLecrou
18-05-2005, 16:38
Probably curses. With Blood you have the best of the "direct damage" spells that a Necro has, but there are alot of other spells in the curse line that either add to damage, or spread the damage around or whatnot. Barbs is a good one if you're in a group with alot of warriors or rangers. It's not going to add any to your blood damage, though, so useless if you're soloing or running with alot of mage-types. Feast of Corruption is awesome in conjunction with other hexes. So if you have other curses you're using, it can really be a big damage dealer. Insidious Parasite is slow, but good against warriors. Mark of Pain is in the same boat as Barbs. Great if you've got alot of physical beating going on. Not so much if it's mostly magical.

In the death line, you have some decent direct damage spells. Deathly Chill and Deathly Swarm are OK direct damagers. Putrid explosion is great once you get a corpse or two around.

It's really up to you. I'd say the curse line is a more useful line in general, if you'r enot planning on investing heavily into corpse manipulation. But there are some interesting things you can do with Death/Blood when using Dark Aura and some sacrifice skills. If you have alot of healing.

walkerx
18-05-2005, 23:02
my char is an necro/ranger.

At one stage I was increasing my beast mastery for my pet, but in the end I removed all points in that, and currently use soul reaping, curses, death magic.

I use more curse spells than death magic spells because they work on more than one foe at a time.

Feynt
18-05-2005, 23:17
I'd go with Curses too, there's more potential for damage there. Soul Barbs, Barbs, Faintheartedness (slows down warrior attacks), there's lots of choices. Soul Barbs and Barbs alone is pretty painful. Barbs is armour piercing, so stacked with a team mate wailing on your target it's pretty effective, and Soul Barbs cast before hand allows you to do some damage at the same time. You can toss on Blood magic and Curse hexes as well to do even more damage (Parasitic Bond, Insideous Parasite, Defile Flesh, Malaise, Price of Failure, etc.).