PDA

View Full Version : Bow Drops?!?!

XxyuckfouxX
18-05-2005, 07:21
Can anyone tell me what drops gold bows and what is a good bow to look for?

Lucille Drako
18-05-2005, 11:27
also- are gold and purple bows like THE rarest items in the game? I've played a W/N and a R/E through the ascensions to droknors forge, and have never seen one. Neither has my friend on two other chars- N/E, Mo/Me up to the same place. I mean- I'd like to be able to have a bow that equals the pvp-ers. but I'm still using 14-27 longbow and 14-26 short bow. My warrior however, had (purples) max damage swords, axes and hammers well before level 18.

(both bows are pimped out nicely, but still..)

is this because the pre-orders got a nice bow in american realm or something, so the rest of us were nerfed?

Getting a bit peeved- the first purple bow I EVER saw that dropped (I even look at all bows dropped in the parties I go in to ALL characters) was actually for me, in the second facet boss fight, and someone ran through the gate the SECOND it opened when I was around 2m (virtual space) from the bow. Don't know its stats, so I console myself that it was probably rubbish.

also- I have NEVER had a gold item drop for my class on either character. All I ever see are scrolls and icons. I don't even have any luck selling the damn things- either no-one is interested, or I just give them away or salvage them. Not even had luck selling purple swords or hammers. just salvaged them for a few steel ingots instead.

Mortyl
18-05-2005, 11:49
Hmm, maybe you're just not having the right luck.

I've picked up 4 purple and 2 gold bows so far (18 ranger at Aurora Glade)
unfortunately none of them were max damage, in fact only 2 have been 14 - 27, and almost all of their mods sucked.

Oddly, also the only gold items I've ever gotten, bows, but sucky useless ones.

I've gotten a bunch of blue bows with runes. 2 of Shelter, only 1 managed to get salvaged, 3 elemental type strings I salvaged, and i had 2 bows with Zealous bowstrings, but I failed both attempts to salvage them.

Currently I'm using a 15 - 28 Purple Dead bow (Req 8 Marksmanship) - I bought it off another player for 1750g. Has a Marksmanship grip and Sundering bowstring on it.

Overall I'd have to agree though, purple and gold bows are hard to come by, especially good ones, I've seen some decent ones, but the requirements of 12
- 13 marksmanship on them kinda sucked.

And purple/gold caster junk seems to drop the most often for me, staffs and offhand crap.

TerraHero
18-05-2005, 15:54
fact that i'm still using a 25max dmg longbow at lvl20 in the fire ring island says enough about how ahrd it is.

and everytime a good bow does drop, its for someone else. I'd be glad juz by a normal 15-28dmg bow, i can add stuff to it later.

Sly Marbo
18-05-2005, 19:26
Well I'm done through Hell's Precipice and I've seen 3 Gold Bow drops, all 3 for other members of my party. Being a Ranger myself its been pretty frustrating. However I've gotten like 7 gold axes. :/

ChuXXX
18-05-2005, 19:39
I think bows or weapons for that matter make very little difference in the power of the character. The mods are all so weak on the weapons.

Also the main item (bow or sword) is disposable, for example say you put a bow string on a bow and want that bow string back for another bow you can salvage that bow and get your string back. The downside is that you completely loose the bow.

I found my first plain 15-28 bow last night up in droknars forge explorable area.

It would be nice if you could find a good bow at a collector so far I have only found collectors with good staffs, swords, hammers.

paperairplane
18-05-2005, 20:20
there is apparently a max damage ascalon bow (+5 energy) available from a collector somewhere.

Meto Sumatrae
18-05-2005, 22:24
there is apparently a max damage ascalon bow (+5 energy) available from a collector somewhere.

I found a purple 15-28 Longbow in the Desert and I am just holding onto it until I find an appropriate upgrade for it.

ReaperRob
18-05-2005, 22:28
I actually found a purple bow this morning. I decided to take my ranger soloing in Pockmark Flats to pick up some extra gold. I got a Purple shocking bow, the bow wasn't that good so i just salvaged the bowstring and put it on the bow I've been using.

Lady Deathraven
18-05-2005, 22:30
:O

Really? If anyone knows if this exists, and where it can be found, I'd appreciate it. It never hurts to have 5 extra energy, you know. ;)

TheDivider
19-05-2005, 14:10
If anyone is pass the 15 lvl mark and still does not have a bow with max dmg you can pm in the game. (The Divider) Right now I have about 5 different types of max dmg bows. I used to have 7 of them but sold some to make room in storage or to help a fellow guildy out. To tell you the truth I've been collecting max dmg bows of different types for a while. Got myself a Horn bow, Short Bow, Flat Bow, Half Moon, and a Shadow Bow all max. I won't give up my Half Moon or Shadow Bow but if interested in others gimme a holla.

Neon
19-05-2005, 15:04
Am i right in thinking that 15-28 is the highest damage of the bows in the game ? Just wondering, as i have one of those really nice disjointed Horn Bows at slightly lower damage.

Why oh why isnt there a dwarven blacksmith in Droknars Forge, who for say 1 platinum can change the model of weapons to other models !! :rolleyes:

TerraHero
19-05-2005, 15:39
and max dmg ;)

some bow strings and grips can give it the extra's

but right now i want a max dmg bow without the Vamperic stuff or an element. Coz i dont have a bow string to replace teh vamperic. 2health setaling adn teh 1 health degeneration is very anoying coz i juz lose hp rather then gain it.

But i want it to be a Longbow. I dont want be breathing down my oponents neck like with a short bow. I want distance.

verax
19-05-2005, 19:40
Whats the difference between a purple bow and a regular white or light blue bow if the damage is the same?

ChuXXX
19-05-2005, 20:08
The diff between white blue purp and rare are the underlying third mod the bow can have such as straight up 15% damage mod that owns. White bows do not have the extra damage mod. You can grip and sting a white bow but you miss out on the %15 percent damage mod. Whats %15 percent though in the long run. I would say that the differences between weapons is really moot.

If you are looking for information about good bows, go check out what they sell on ebay. Don't buy one there IMO that is pathetic. However it is a great collection of photos of bows found in the game that people sell for real money.

Type in "Guild Wars Bow" in the search. With out quotes.

As for the long bow vs flat bow issue I can pretty much say the flat bow is superior. 2 second reload vs 2.5

Long bows are awful. Sorry the Rate of Fire is intollerable. I was very disapointed in the rare Poisoners (xtra 5 sec poison length) Long Bow Of Fortitude I picked up in town. Both bows miss equally bad at long range regardless of arc. The problem with the long bow that it takes forever to queue up another shot.

Whats the deal with the Storm Bow popularity? I am assuming a Storm Bow is a medium range bow with a high rate of fire like the long bow.

Anyone find the collector with the 15-28 Acalon bow +5 energy yet?

verax
19-05-2005, 21:02
great info, thanks!

Jorithel
19-05-2005, 21:10
I read before that the Ascalon bow is located somewhere in near southern Lornars pass. Not sure if this is true or not, but I will check it out when I get a chance.

Riayne Crimsonglade
19-05-2005, 22:04
I'd be very surprised if that collector is in Lornar's. I've been all over that place, including the southern tip, and haven't seen anything. The only place I haven't been is down that cave full of Aviaks down at the bottom, or whatever they call them in this game.

Curious though; is there a good place to go to see comparisons of bow attack speeds? A difference of 2 seconds vs 2.5 is a 20% increase in damage over time, which is pretty significant.

Also, what's the general feeling in the community about which weapon upgrades are the best for the bow?

TerraHero
19-05-2005, 22:04
please do, it would really help alot of ppl around here :p

As for longbow vs Flat, i'm sticking wih my long bow, coz i can juz stay out of teh range of those ether seals in the Fire Ring missions. And avoid my energy getting drained.

At long range i really found a big diffirence in hit rate between the more direct fire of the lnogbow and the indirect of the flatbow.

ShadeGW
20-05-2005, 02:29
I read before that the Ascalon bow is located somewhere in near southern Lornars pass. Not sure if this is true or not, but I will check it out when I get a chance.

I have found a collector with a Max Damage 15-28 Ascalon Bow...however it doesnt come with +5 Energy but +15% Dmg while enchanted :(

Hes Just outside Port Sledge in the south of Witmans Folly (Drakonars Forge area)....need 5 Intricate Grawl Bracelets....these are really easy to comeby in Witmans Folly as it swarms with them. Another Plus is that the Grawl Boss there has Poison Arrow! also there is a Black Bear wandering about as well (which I assume is tamable as its green)

Well worth a trip for any ranger, and not hard (only Grawl - I cleared up with just Henchies)

Lady Deathraven
20-05-2005, 03:35
Yeah, I got really excited when I found that collector, too. :p Still, it's a great area to hunt in. I managed to rake up all the hides I needed for a new set of armor in just a few trips (I had previously bought a Drakescale set because I've found the fire armor useful, but I wanted a Druid set for PVP), and I got Poison Arrow to boot. ^^