PDA

View Full Version : Mirror -Help.

Master of Might
18-05-2005, 07:33
Ok - I suck. I'm a Ranger/Mesmer. I have faced my mirror 20 times and can't get win. Any suggestions on how? Believe me, any advice is appreciated and laughing at me, well, is ok too.

Diab
18-05-2005, 07:47
The best advice I can give you is to equip lots of useless skills. Skills like Spirits (which would benefit the both of you and take some time to cast) and Traps (which are only good for close-range attacks). The trick is to keep firing at him while he casts all these useless skills and doesn't have much of a chance of attacking you. Some useless mesmer skills would also be good, such as Mind Wrack or Hex Breaker (assuming you're not using hexes at all).

Use a fast bow, but watch out not to get too close. I've heard that he takes out melee weapons if you do, and the traps he will cast will hurt you.

I have yet to try this myself, but from what I have heard, this is the best way to defeat the clone. I'm a Mesmer/Ranger myself.

Xircon
18-05-2005, 20:21
The best advice I can give you is to equip lots of useless skills. Skills like Spirits (which would benefit the both of you and take some time to cast) and Traps (which are only good for close-range attacks). The trick is to keep firing at him while he casts all these useless skills and doesn't have much of a chance of attacking you. Some useless mesmer skills would also be good, such as Mind Wrack or Hex Breaker (assuming you're not using hexes at all).

Use a fast bow, but watch out not to get too close. I've heard that he takes out melee weapons if you do, and the traps he will cast will hurt you.

I have yet to try this myself, but from what I have heard, this is the best way to defeat the clone. I'm a Mesmer/Ranger myself.
While he is casting some useless skills you could concussion shot him or something like that.

neoflame
18-05-2005, 20:42
The easiest way is to just fill your skill bar with Nature Rituals and get a free 40 seconds to attack him while he casts ritual after ritual.

What I do nowadays is to take bow skills and close to melee range. Your mirror should pull out an axe and start bashing you with it without any skills while you get to keep shooting at him with your bow skills.

I'd personally recommend you don't take any Mesmer skills at all; the AI will probably make sure you regret it.

SoliS
19-05-2005, 02:44
I's R/Me too... heres what i did, and it was really easy

Hunter's shot
Penetrating shot (or attack?)
troll unguent
DISTRACTING SHOT
symbiosis
quickening zephyr
that other nature ritual that takes 5 seconds to cast.... spirit of wind? not the preparation read the wind, the OTHER one thats a spirit but does the same thing.

***THIS IS IMPORTANT*** no matter what, the mirror will think the spirits help him. If you run in close to him, he whips out an axe and won't go back to bow, but still casts the rituals whenever he can. this means he cant use your BOW ATTACKS and the spirits dont give him ANY BENEFIT. leaving him with only ONE SKILL: TROLL UNGUENT. "oh no!" you think. "now i wont be able to kill him!"

WRONG.

as soon as he casts troll, use distracting shot (the one that interrupts target's current ACTION but only deals a few damage)

he cant heal, you whip out the bow attacks and destroy him. took me 3 tries to get this build. once i figured it out, he went down first time.

any nature rituals will do, as long as they dont help him and DO help you. symbiosis helps no one, but its the only other one i had. 5 second cast time too.

NOTE: if you use ANY mesmer skills, you will screw yourself over, because if you try to cast troll, he WILL interrupt you, or take your energy.

Diab
19-05-2005, 02:48
Won't he come to attack you in melee?

SoliS
19-05-2005, 03:08
exactly. thats how you beat him. in melee the skills that benefit bows don't help him

Diab
19-05-2005, 03:16
exactly. thats how you beat him. in melee the skills that benefit bows don't help him

Yes, but I'm under the impression that he will you to a pulp without any skills unless you have some very good armor.

Hunt3r_kill4
19-05-2005, 04:14
He does crazy damage with his melee, AND his bow. Hes bow is more deadly, so getting in melee range might not be bad idea. Pack as many nature rituals, he casts EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! *sucker* :lol:

SoliS
19-05-2005, 05:33
i have the 61 armor Druids Armor set, and he hits me for 35 with his axe

but not when hes casting 5-second rituals that UP MY DAMAGE and dont help him!

trust me, use my strategy above and you will beat him.

just make sure to get a distracting shot off when he casts troll unguent to keep him from healing.

Master of Might
19-05-2005, 05:42
I meant to post this earlier. Thank you - Diab

I did it on first try after reseting my skills: Which I stated below for quick hint on anyone else that wants to try this-

Skills I used:
Distracting Shot - Used when he try to heal
Troll Unguent - used to heal myself while he was casting spells with long casting times -so he could not hit me with distracting shot
Useless Skills for him to use:
Guilt -Messmer Skill -Since I did not use any Spells on him it didn't matter if he used on me
Symboiosis - Takes 5sec to cast - and it only works with enchantments -which I have none
Winter - Takes 5sec to cast -and it only changes attack to cold damage
Winnowing - Takes 5sec to cast -and only add 4 damage for physical attacks
Dust Trap - Takes 2sec to cast -and well - I didnt get close enough to him
Spike Trap - Takes 2sec to cast -and as above -just stay back

The mirror started with Winter, then Winnowing. He then put Guilt on me =Total of 12sec casting time and no damage to me. By this time I had him beat down pretty good -using short bow because of refire rate. He tried to heal when I hit him with distracting shot. Guilt ended, so when he was casting it on me for the second time, so I used Troll Unguent to heal my self. I just kept attacking with bow until he died. I had 77 Health, and 31 Energy.

SoliS
19-05-2005, 20:54
try my build just because :)

i ended with almost full health and energy... not taht it matters.

now all i have to do is beat him in under 50 seconds... took me 2 minutes before