PDA

View Full Version : Did They Move Energy Tap??

Alex Titanis
18-05-2005, 09:15
I just changed my secondary profession to Mesmer and want to add Energy Tap to my skills. According to the GWOnline skill location chart, I should be able to get it at Yak's Bend. The problem is, it's not there. I searched some other sites for the location and most point to Yak's Bend.

Anyone know if Energy Tap is part of a quest at Yak's Bend? Or, have you seen this skill in another location?

There were only a few skills from the Mesmer line I wanted and this is one of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Downward
18-05-2005, 09:38
I do believe you can get Energy Tap from the Ambassador outside Ascalon City in the Post-Scarring. You have to do a quest for him, I think you deliver a package to Ascalon for him, and he gives you a skill for each of your professions, and if mesmer is one of them, he gives you Energy Tap.

Alex Titanis
18-05-2005, 10:11
I do believe you can get Energy Tap from the Ambassador outside Ascalon City in the Post-Scarring. You have to do a quest for him, I think you deliver a package to Ascalon for him, and he gives you a skill for each of your professions, and if mesmer is one of them, he gives you Energy Tap.

Thanks for the suggestion Downward. I tried to speak to the Ambassador again but since I did the quest when going thru the first time, he didn't offer me a chance to do it again. So, no energy tap from him.

Captain Osric in Yak's is suppose to offer it. He does offer me Mesmer skills, just not Energy Tap. That's why I wonder if it has been moved. I'll post a bug report and see what the devs have to say on the subject.

Picus
18-05-2005, 20:24
Did you try the skill trainer in Ascalon or even Lion's Arch? One of them might have it for you.

Alex Titanis
18-05-2005, 20:37
Did you try the skill trainer in Ascalon or even Lion's Arch? One of them might have it for you.

Thanks for your reply Picus. I have tried every relevant NPC in every city on my map, including Sergio in Lion's Arch and Bertram in Ascalon City. I even did the Mesmer quest at Grendich Courthouse (Vassar) and still no one is offering Energy Tap. I'm pretty frustrated right now. Either Anet has moved (or removed) Energy Tap or the GW sites that list skill trainers is not up to date. I don't know how often GWOnline updates the database for the locations of skills but according to my efforts, it's not where it's suppose to be.

I did make a bug report on the GW support page. No answers yet.

If anyone has been able to get Energy Tap from Captain Osric in Yak's Bend, could you post here when you got that skill?

Thanks All.

Feynt
19-05-2005, 00:01
If you don't get Energy Tap from the ambassador, you should get it from Vassar in the sanitarium.

The Catfish
19-05-2005, 01:02
I think I got Energy tap from vassar as well