PDA

View Full Version : Pet leveling?

Queto
18-05-2005, 14:46
I'm planning to get a bear this afternoon (hope to find a party to Lornar's Pass).

Well, my question is: does someone know how the experience system of a pet works? Does it get the same XP as you get? Or can it even get XP from monsters where you get no XP?

Deaths Advocate
18-05-2005, 14:50
Well my guess is he gets the same experience anyone would get based on their level. If he's lvl 4 and your level 8 and you kill a lvl 2 which you wouldn't get experience from, Your pet will still get the experience. Your pet should level like a regular character levels.

othell
18-05-2005, 16:10
All I'll say is that I know pets can still level even when you do not get any EXP.

So I think the previous poster's assumption has a very good chance of being correct, but only through fighting.

Queto
18-05-2005, 16:34
I think there is something right: a pet gets the XP that a normal player gets on that level, but somehow a pet needs less XP to level...

I charmed a Lynx when i was lvl 15 or so, the lynx was lvl 5.
Now I left him for a bear, my lynx was lvl 17 and me lvl 18, so the lynx was levelling faster then me

Sorry for the bad English, I think I made lots of faults

skygoneblue
18-05-2005, 18:10
I have read much worse English come out of native speakers; you have nothing to worry about.

Where are you from? :)

Queto
18-05-2005, 18:31
Belgium :)

drakesis
26-05-2005, 12:26
so if i have my bear solo kill something that is 11 levels higher (im a monk, i can do that with life bond and whatever the ranger spell is to make me take half his damage. =) will he level faster? or does it not matter?

PvtSnowball
26-05-2005, 14:45
I think there is something right: a pet gets the XP that a normal player gets on that level, but somehow a pet needs less XP to level...

I charmed a Lynx when i was lvl 15 or so, the lynx was lvl 5.
Now I left him for a bear, my lynx was lvl 17 and me lvl 18, so the lynx was levelling faster then me

Sorry for the bad English, I think I made lots of faults

the reason for this is that your pet gets more exp than you at lower levels, if you notice your exp drops the lower the creatures level is in reference to yours. If its 6 levels lower i think you gain none. but if your pet just happens to be 6 lower than the creature you just killed the pet gains a huge amount.

Also.. any ideas if your pets gain the exp for co op missions? since they should be getting exp for helping out in those.