PDA

View Full Version : Air Elementalist Build For Dummies!

Satan Minion
18-05-2005, 16:40
Intro

First things first, explaining the madness inside. This is a PvE/PvP build focusing more on PvP. But still this will work on SINGLE monsters in PvP so try to concentrate on them when taking on groups. Another thing, have a ton of energy because all types of Air Skills cause exhaustion. Moving on...

Attributes

Air Magic 12+3(Superior Air Rune)+1(Storm Eye) = 16
Energy Storage 10+3(Superior Energy Storage) = 13
Other skills you can do what you please but try to get those two right.

PvP Skills

Enervating Charge
Blinding Flash
Lightning Orb
Lightning Surge
Glyph of Elemental Power
OTHER SKILL
OTHER SKILL
OTHER SKILL
I left those last three skills open for your secondary harassments and healing. But ig you want a suggestion I'd take out Air Attunement as one of them to keep that energy flowing.

PvP Strategy

Warriors are your main target. But whoever you're attacking always remember that you KEEP attacking them no matter what. Now what I'd do is this:
1. Enervating Charge off the bat to get some damage going.
2. If the charge you or start shooting immediately, Blinding Flash makes them miss.
3. Glyph of Elemental Power, Lightning Surge, and Lightning Orb can do TONS of damage. I can get 200 usually off those and if I am lucky my Storm Artifact will speed up the casting and all.
4. Repeat and keep bashing them with skills. Remember if you're secondary is damaging use that to hurt them too!

PvE Skills

Air Attunement
Chain Lightning
Glimmering Mark
Lightning Orb
Lightning Strike
Lightning Surge
OTHER SKILL
OTHER SKILL
You do not have to take all that damage but since most of them take time to recharge I'd take a lot of them.

PvE Strategy

For groups try to go through the ranks one at a time. If there is a Necro of some sort take him first so no Minions are running around.
1.Air Attunement always to keep energy up.
2.Glimmering Mark if they all in a small group, and then Chain Lightning to hurt three of them and blind them.
3.Lightning Strike and Orb are used on individuals that don't have tons of health.
4. If fighting a boss or some big monster Surge/Orb/Strike is a damage dealer.

Conclusion

This build is very flexible so don't take my word to be a Papal Bull. Change it around and develop a better combo or whatever. Critique me please if you see any blatant mistakes, this is my first one and is based off my own E/Mo.

Miss Ainia
18-05-2005, 22:59
very nice :)

I have the same build ~, but i wonder if Illusion mesmer ( Conjure phantasm + What more skill? ) is a good secondary ? SOmeone said that inspiration magic would be the best.. :) thanks in advance

Graphite
18-05-2005, 23:47
Looks pretty good, almost like my air magic build. I added 2 secondary skills from my mesmer profession to keep energy coming in combined with my air attunement :)

Miss Ainia
19-05-2005, 00:53
Looks pretty good, almost like my air magic build. I added 2 secondary skills from my mesmer profession to keep energy coming in combined with my air attunement :)

Which 2 mesm skills?=)

um104
19-05-2005, 06:57
u got a couple things wrong there. first off, not all air skills cause exhaustion. Second, Glimmering Mark and PvE dont really mix. The reason is that later on, most monsters are casters. its a good build, but a basic one. its good strategy, just not the choice of skills i would have used. =P
Air Elementalist Extrordinare
--um104

Aire
19-05-2005, 13:02
u got a couple things wrong there. first off, not all air skills cause exhaustion. Second, Glimmering Mark and PvE dont really mix. The reason is that later on, most monsters are casters. its a good build, but a basic one. its good strategy, just not the choice of skills i would have used. =P
Air Elementalist Extrordinare
--um104

Welcome back :p

Actually, the most dangerous thing later in the game are the warriors, so Glimmering Mark does work well :P

You have two Elites in that PvE build - Lightning Surge and Glimmering Mark are both elite.

Perhaps try getting Elemental Attunement with Air Attunement, then spam casting Lightning Orb using Arcane Echo? The Orb will cost 3 energy each time if both attunements are up and the arcane echo allows you to spam it efficiently. This will allow you to do roughly 100/120 damage every two seconds (for a maxed out lightning)

For the second set of spells, earth is always a good choice with the protection spells and wards. You could also go Water, with Armour of Mist for running away and Armour of Frost for the Shiverpeak Missions (no fire skills there). If you're worried about the extra damage from the fire take the Pyromancers set to counter that.

Also, the Energy Storage doesn't need to be so high. Each superior rune takes off 75hp - you're down 150hp from the start. Thats very nasty, and the Superior vigor only gives you 50hp -.- It really isn't worth having that much in there unless you're going to use it for a spell like Ether Prodigy/Renewal.

Inspiration magic could be used as a secondary with the energy drain skills. If you feel your reflexes are up to the task take Power drain, which is a huge boost to your energy pool. However taking that and an energy storage skill will overcompensate.

Personally I take monk secondary as the healing skills are invaluable, especially against warriors, where you can use skills such as Vigorous Spriit, Healing Hands (elite) or Healing Breeze to keep your health up, and the large energy pool gives yourself a huge benefit.

Just my advice :)

/Aire :)

Edit: Only one skill there causes Exhaustion - Lightning Surge

Satan Minion
20-05-2005, 03:54
The build is completely changeable. And now that you say I have two elite skills I see... Maybe just add some non-exhausting Air Magic to help. Secondary class skills were not discussed.

lina the slayer
20-05-2005, 05:10
Welcome back :p

Actually, the most dangerous thing later in the game are the warriors, so Glimmering Mark does work well :P

You have two Elites in that PvE build - Lightning Surge and Glimmering Mark are both elite.

Perhaps try getting Elemental Attunement with Air Attunement, then spam casting Lightning Orb using Arcane Echo? The Orb will cost 3 energy each time if both attunements are up and the arcane echo allows you to spam it efficiently. This will allow you to do roughly 100/120 damage every two seconds (for a maxed out lightning)

For the second set of spells, earth is always a good choice with the protection spells and wards. You could also go Water, with Armour of Mist for running away and Armour of Frost for the Shiverpeak Missions (no fire skills there). If you're worried about the extra damage from the fire take the Pyromancers set to counter that.

Also, the Energy Storage doesn't need to be so high. Each superior rune takes off 75hp - you're down 150hp from the start. Thats very nasty, and the Superior vigor only gives you 50hp -.- It really isn't worth having that much in there unless you're going to use it for a spell like Ether Prodigy/Renewal.

Inspiration magic could be used as a secondary with the energy drain skills. If you feel your reflexes are up to the task take Power drain, which is a huge boost to your energy pool. However taking that and an energy storage skill will overcompensate.

Personally I take monk secondary as the healing skills are invaluable, especially against warriors, where you can use skills such as Vigorous Spriit, Healing Hands (elite) or Healing Breeze to keep your health up, and the large energy pool gives yourself a huge benefit.

Just my advice :)

Edit: Only one skill there causes Exhaustion - Lightning Surge
hey i was wonder wut is Arcane Echo?

Aire
20-05-2005, 09:00
Arcane Echo is a mesmer skill that mimics the last spell you just cast for a certain amount of time. Therefore you can have two copies of the spell in your skillbar. If you take echo (elite) you can have three.

Arcane Echo ONLY mimics spells. Echo mimics any Skill