PDA

View Full Version : Prospective IW-based Me/W Orientation...

jalendu
18-05-2005, 22:21
Hi!

After reading through a list of interesting builds, I am attempting to build a Mesmer-Warrior who can use IW later on. I'm at level 9 and let me tell you, while it's a fun class, it can be hard. I have a lot of questions, but for those of you who have successfully built an IW-based Me/W, please answer the following two...

1) When and how did you get a Signet of Capture? What level and Where is the quickest way to get one?

2) When and how did you steal the Illusionary Weapon skill? What level should I be before I attempt it?

It seems that the IW-based Me/W players should form a guild to help new MesWars get oriented, help them pick good skill combos for the levels up *until* they get IW, and help find/build short swords with magical speed boosts the Me/Ws could earn or buy when they get the skill.

If you have good advice, please post it here and/or whisper Jalendu Shadowblade. Thanks!

-J

Feynt
18-05-2005, 23:06
The soonest you can get the Signet of Capture is from Lion's Arch. You have to quest for it, killing your way through many mergoyles and bog skales just to die at the hands of enchanted clay golems (which you have to kill to get fragments for the quest). When you can get to Lion's Arch, you should be strong enough to take on those golems and the trip to them.

Getting IW though is not that easy. There's two places I know of to get it, one for certain and one in theory. The certain part is just outside of Camp Rankor in the Talis Chute area, there's an azure shadow boss who uses it. The theoretical part is a boss listed on the GWOnline.net boss section in the Kryta region. He should be in the area West of the Temple of the Ages, but as I've never encountered him (and in fact, never gone out there to look for him) I can't be certain of it.

mylene
18-05-2005, 23:46
You can get IW off a azure shadow boss called Digo Murrstalker iirc, and you should be able to find it like 90% of the time during the infusion run.

jalendu
19-05-2005, 00:14
Thanks for the tips, guys...I spoke with a friend who's been playing GW for a while and is now past Lion's Arch...can't wait to get there. I can tell it's going to take a while to achieve my IW MesWar build, so I may start a journal about the process of actually doing it in Roleplay. Apparently the folks who have built MW IWs have just done it in PvP or play a WHOLE lot more than I'll be able to do.

-J