PDA

View Full Version : Pure Elementalist Build

Madekatsu
19-05-2005, 03:25
Everyone say's that having a purebred character is a waste of an opportunity to delve into some good secondary class skills, and so far, I've agreed with them. I've only posted one other character, my Warrior/Necromancer (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=345102) , and created several others on paper, but when it came a good elementalist cross build, I just couldn't make one that didn't seem like a waste of attribute points just for one skil. (i.e making a mesmer my primary class just to have Fast Casting) Anyway, I went through and made a pure elementalist specializing in earth/fire. Comments and suggestions are certainly welcome

Earth

Stoning (15 Energy)
Earthquake (25 Energy)
Obsidian Flame (5 Energy)
Eruption (25 Energy)

Fire

Phoenix (15 Energy)
Meteor Shower (25 Energy)
Fireball (15 Energy)

Energy Storage

Attributes
Earth Magic-lvl. 11
Fire Magic-lvl. 11
Energy Storage-lvl. 8

A set of Geomancer armor, Superior Rune of Vigor, Major Rune of Earth, and Superior Rune of Fire, and Superior Rune of Energy Storage would help boost my skills and offset some higher costing spells. All comments and suggestions are encouraged and please mention if I forgot to calculate anything in. Thanks

Fina
19-05-2005, 07:19
Slow down with the runes. You'd be out 200 HP from the Runes, that is almost half of your normal max HP. Use minor runes instead. With Minor runes and an All Seeing Eye, you'd have 12-12-10 Fire-Earth-Energy without the massive HP loss.

Major Runes have -50HP, Superior Runes have -75HP. Vigor runes have no HP loss.

Also, I'd throw in Armor of Earth or Ward Against Melee in there. You have good offense, but are practically defenseless if something starts beating on you.

Madekatsu
19-05-2005, 18:23
Hm... Thank you, I hd forgot about the life drain of the higher end runes. (I was in a hury to write this as I was going to be late for work) So I should be ok with a Minor Earh Rune, a Minor Fire Rune, a Superior Energy Storage Rune, and A Superior Vigor Rune. I haven't looked into weapons and foci yet, but there should be some more stat boosting items there, correct? Perhaps I should remove stoning and put in the armor of earth to counteract anyone who gets close. But overall, it's acceptalbe for a pure breed, you think? That was what I figured would get the attention. Oh, I just saw that I forgot to put in that I would have Elemental Attunement as my eighth skill, so I'll fix that

Madekatsu
19-05-2005, 18:36
Ok, so this is what the revised Elementalist looks like:

Earth

Ward Against Melee (10 Energy)
Obsidian Flesh (Elite, 10 Energy)
Obsidian Flame (5 Energy)
Eruption (25 Energy)

Fire

Phoenix (15 Energy)
Meteor Shower (25 Energy)
Fireball (15 Energy)

Non-Categorized

Elemental Attunement (10 Energy)

Some form of Either Geomancer or Pyromancer armor, depending on where I'm at. A Superior Rune of Vigor, Minor Rune of Earth, Minor Rune of Fire, Superior Rune of Energy Storage. After that, a weapon and foci of some sort that will boost Earth Magic. I think that probably looks better, any more comments?

Miss Schizo
20-05-2005, 17:50
I'm not 100 percent sure, but you may run out of energy with all those high cost skills. If I were going this route I would maybe sub in ether renewal instead of your other elite skill. Then you would have great survivabilty.

odinravenblood
20-05-2005, 18:00
how do u have a character of only one class, dont u have to have two classes to get out of pre-searing?:confused:

Parker Bsb
20-05-2005, 18:16
Just don't use any skills from that other class of course :D

paolomarzo
21-05-2005, 08:25
im usin a pure ele build right now (my secondary job is a monk and i dont find his spells useful cus normally thered be another monk in the party thatd do the healing).. these are my skills:
Flare
Fire Storm
Immolate
Fireball
Aura of Restoration ( for my healing but i barely use it as well might remove this once i get Incdendiary bonds)
Inferno
Phoenix
Lava Font

for single targets i use immolate then spam flare then finish of with fireball(if theyre healers like life pods)
for mobs i use Lava +Phoenix + Inferno OR Fire Storm
for bosses i use Fire Storm>Lava>Phoenix>Lava>Inferno>Fireball

this_barb
22-05-2005, 08:24
Earthquake, Meteor Shower, and Obsidian Flame all have exhaustion... reducing your energy pool by its energy cost for a pretty damn long time. You're look at a reduction of 55 energy by the time you cast those spells. I always say that the best policy is to have only 1 exhaustion-causing spell in your array of skills. Anymore it just becomes a hassle, because you won't regenerate enough energy to cast effectively against the next mob you meet.