View Full Version : looking for best overal hammer build
i'm looking for a hammer build that can dish out big damage and kill them nice and fast. i haven't decided what to get for secondary profession yet.
i'm trying to make a hammer build thats good for solo and maybe not die too much.
could someboyd post the skills and attributes for a good hammer and maybe a little dueling explanation :)
i tried sword and it just didn't kill that fast and wasn't too group efficient. i wanna try to make a character that can help take maybe more than 1 warrior at the same time.
or anybody have an effective build?
Class: Warrior / Monk
+1 to Hammer Mastery
Strength: 11 (77)
Hammer Mastery: 12+1 (97)
Healing Prayers: 4 (10)
Smiting Prayers: 5 (15)
Total attribute points used: 199/200
1) Berserker Stance - (5,0,30) For 10 seconds, you attack 33% faster than normal and gain 20% more adrenaline each time you hit in melee. Berserker Stance ends if you use a skill.
2) Devastating Hammer (elite) - (7a,0,0) If Devastating Hammer hits, your target is knocked down and suffers from weakness for 18 seconds. This is an elite skill.
3) Crushing Blow - (5,0,10) If this attack hits, you strike for +17 damage. If you hit a knocked-down foe, you inflict a deep wound, lowering your target's maximum health by 20% for 18 seconds.
4) Heavy Blow - (6a,0,0) Lose all adrenaline. If this attack hits a foe suffering from weakness, that foe is knocked down and you strike for +26 damage.
5) Sprint - (5,0,20) For 13 seconds, you move 25% faster.
6) Orison of Healing - (5,1,2) Heal target ally for 33 health.
7) Mending - (10+,2,0) While you maintain this enchantment, target ally gains health regeneration of +1.
8) Restore Life - (10,8,0) Touch the body of a fallen party member. Target party member is returned to life with 32% health and 55% energy.
This is my projected build. Beserker stance is optional and I do not yet have Dev Hammer. Your character will develop as you progress and find new skills. I use:
1) Staggering Blow - (6a,0,0) If this hammer blow hits, your target will suffer from weakness for 14 seconds.
2) Mighty Blow - (7a,0,0) If this attack hits, you strike for +26 damage.
3) Heavy Blow - (6a,0,0) Lose all adrenaline. If this attack hits a foe suffering from weakness, that foe is knocked down and you strike for +26 damage.
4) Crushing Blow - (5,0,10) If this attack hits, you strike for +17 damage. If you hit a knocked-down foe, you inflict a deep wound, lowering your target's maximum health by 20% for 18 seconds.
This is attainable by the Shiverpeaks area.
is the healing even worth it? it heals so little anyways. would the monk help much?
i would also like ask about the dark knight custom template build. is that build good? it seems that it can hex an enemy and keep it attacked strong. if no, whats wrong with the build and what could be made stronger?
The problem with the Dark Knight build is that it doesn't have the energy stores required to cast the spells it will need to cast when it will need to cast them. Curses are truly only effective when stacked and comboed with eachother, and the warrior simply doesnt have enough energy to do that AND try and attack the target simultaneously. Blood Magic spells are the warriors best friend.
I use a W/Mo almost identical to the one posted above for my PvE experiences (I switch out Devastating Hammer and Backbreaker from time to time, still undecided about which I like better). I do, however, switch out Orison of Healin for Healing Signet. Healing Signet will heal for alot more, and doesn't require energy. Its draw back is that can be easily interrupted and its recast timer is significant when you're taking a heavy beating. But if you play smart, you usually won't have to use it ever.
For PvP, I switch to a W/N, and he looks something like this:
Hammer Mastery - 12 + 2 (major rune)
Strength - 9 + 1 (Knight helm mod)
Blood Magic - 8
Tactics - 5
Soul Leech (elite necromancer skill)
He effectively becomes a competent anti-monk build, and can even give other casters a rough time as well. At level 8, Soul Leech is stealing around 50 health evertime a monk casts a spell for 10 seconds, with a 15 second recast timer. Plague Touch ensures that no debilitating conditions are set on me (blind being the worst), and also adding to the frustration of the monk as I add conditions on top of the wailing he is no doubt receiving from me. Healing Signet heals for 77 health at level 5, which is significant.
why not devastating hammer?
A W/E focusing on Earth magic isn't such a bad idea either. Obviously, this is for the combo with Aftershock and any knockdown ability, particularly Earthshaker. Berserker Stance and Armor of the Earth should be easy givens for this build. Add in another knockdown ability along with a finisher like Belly Smash or Crushing Blow and your character should be reasonably successful.
Oh and because he already has a 1337 skill.
i was thinking of war/monk. should i use judge's insight or something like that?
what skills should i get?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.