PDA

View Full Version : Shields: Deflection/Regeneration

Kookus
19-05-2005, 13:45
What shield do you like better? and why? I'm personally leaning towards deflection. (though i still have to capture it). I see regeneration more as a bigger healing breeze.

Shield of Deflection
OR
Shield of Regeneration

Feynt
19-05-2005, 23:04
I like the Shield of Regeneration, but only because I haven't seen the results of the second one yet. In my opinion, anything that can reduce damage taken on a warrior by 25% and give them a high HPR is alright by me.

MatticusBrave
20-05-2005, 04:59
Shield of Deflection can be found at the Ring of Fire.

Grus Galehand or something carries it.

Furqan
20-05-2005, 13:15
I personally like Shield of Judgment the best. Just seeing countless enemies falling down over and over, then giving up and moving on to the next target is priceless.

Genma Magik
25-12-2005, 05:10
I like shield of regen because of the regen amount and the 40 plus armor plus it lokks heroic :happy14:

Ubermancer
25-12-2005, 05:47
<-----

'nuff said about that.

Vexed Arcanist
25-12-2005, 07:02
What shield do you like better? and why? I'm personally leaning towards deflection. (though i still have to capture it). I see regeneration more as a bigger healing breeze.

Shield of Deflection
OR
Shield of Regeneration

Of these two choices I prefer Shield of Regeneration. However, if you get your enchantment duration up high enough and couple Channeling in it *might* not be so bad (shield of deflection). Personally I consider this elite on the low end of the Monk Elite scale.

Seef II
25-12-2005, 11:21
Shield of deflection has very limited usage.
It's pretty much an 16-spec guardian at 0 prot. Generally used to keep ghostly heroes uninterrupted while capping altars. Otherwise it's not that good at all. If it lasted, say, 5~10 or 8~13 seconds then it'd be worth the energy cost.

Shield of regeneration's not bad - it's a healing spell in prot. You can bring this if you're not needing to manage energy much - i.e., on a bonder.

Aejorii
25-12-2005, 11:27
Well they are both very different skills.
One absorbs the damage and one creates a chance for someone not able to take the damage.

It ends up something like repairing the damage really fast, or not being damaged at all. In my personal experience, Shield of Regenerations works very well in PvE and in 4v4 PvP. But in larger battles such as in Tombs, Altar capturing will depend on whether the ghostly is being interrupted or not, which Shield of Deflection helps nicely when against physical interrupts. But that said, I'd rather use Spell Breaker for anti interrupts in tombs :P

Corporeal Ghost
26-12-2005, 10:05
Mise well hop on the bandwagon and say Judgment. Even with low Smiting, it will prevent a large amount of physical damage, even if just for the knockdown. The armor on top is gravy. As for Deflection vs. Regeneration, I think it depends entirely on who you're putting it on. I'd rather be healing the squishy targets, but for those that aren't taking much damage anyway, you may well be reducing it to near zero with Deflection.

--me