Miss Ainia
19-05-2005, 14:44
Class: Elementalist / Mesmer

Attributes: (cost) '+' indicates Rune attributes
Energy Storage: 9+2 (48)
Air Magic: 12+3 (97)
Inspiration Magic: 9 (48)

Total attribute points used: 193/200

Skills: [Attribute] (Energy, Cast Time, Recharge TIme)
1) Lightning Javelin [Air Magic] (10,1,5) Spell: Send out a Lightning Javelin that strikes for 50 lightning damage if it hits. If Lightning Javelin strikes an attacking foe, that foe is interrupted. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

2) Lightning Orb [Air Magic] (15,2,5) Spell: Lightning Orb flies towards target foe and strikes for 100 lightning damage if it hits. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

3) Blinding Flash [Air Magic] (15,1,4) Spell: Target enemy is blinded for 10 seconds.

4) Lightning Strike [Air Magic] (5,1,5) Spell: Strike target foe for 50 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

5) Air Attunement [Air Magic] (10,2,60) Enchantment: For 60 seconds, you are attuned to air. You gain 30% of the energy cost of the spell whenever you use Air Magic.

6) Elemental Attunement [none] (10,2,60) Enchantment: For 45 seconds, you are attuned to air, fire, water, and earth. You gain 50% of the energy cost of the spell each time you use magic associated with any of these elements. This is an elite skill.

7) Power Drain [Inspiration Magic] (5,0,25) Spell: If target foe is casting a spell, the spell is interrupted and you gain 19 energy.

8) Ether Feast [Inspiration Magic] (5,2,8) Spell: Target foe loses 5 energy. You are healed 20 for each point of energy lost.

Please check if there are any "stupid" skills i have.. maybe its stupid to have Air Attunement and Elemental Attunement together.. tell me what you think about it!!:D

Miss Ainia
19-05-2005, 16:39
I forgot aura of restoration!:P maybe i shall replace Elemental attunement..? and replace one other skill with some elite skill?( tell me which if you got any suggestions ) or shall i keep my elite skill and replace air attunement?:)

thanks in advance !!

Auntie I
19-05-2005, 17:33
Just a suggestion, but you might try swapping Lightning Orb for the Mesmer skill Spirit Shackles(10/3/5 For 8-24 seconds, target foe loses 5 Energy whenever that foe attacks). Orb uses 15 Energy and you already have a couple of good offensive spells. Use the mesmer side to put some handicaps on you opponents. Domination Skills are really useful for shutting down the opposition.
I'd keep both Attunements but Aura is sooo helpful for not dieing, it's a tough choice. I think it'll work either way.

Miss Ainia
19-05-2005, 18:16
1) Lightning Javelin [Air Magic] (10,1,5) Spell: Send out a Lightning Javelin that strikes for 50 lightning damage if it hits. If Lightning Javelin strikes an attacking foe, that foe is interrupted. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

2) Lightning Orb [Air Magic] (15,2,5) Spell: Lightning Orb flies towards target foe and strikes for 100 lightning damage if it hits. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

3) Blinding Flash [Air Magic] (15,1,4) Spell: Target enemy is blinded for 10 seconds.

4) Lightning Strike [Air Magic] (5,1,5) Spell: Strike target foe for 50 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

5) Air Attunement [Air Magic] (10,2,60) Enchantment: For 60 seconds, you are attuned to air. You gain 30% of the energy cost of the spell whenever you use Air Magic.

6) Elemental Attunement [none] (10,2,60) Enchantment: For 45 seconds, you are attuned to air, fire, water, and earth. You gain 50% of the energy cost of the spell each time you use magic associated with any of these elements. This is an elite skill.

7) Power Drain [Inspiration Magic] (5,0,25) Spell: If target foe is casting a spell, the spell is interrupted and you gain 19 energy.

8) Ether Feast [Inspiration Magic] (5,2,8) Spell: Target foe loses 5 energy. You are healed 20 for each point of energy lost.

I think i'll replace No.5 with Aura of res.. I dont ´have enough points to waste on domination magic.. :S more suggestions please ! :D Thanks btw

um104
20-05-2005, 04:53
Dont use Aura of Restoration. I'm going to drop it the moment i get Air Attunement, and the reason is simple: I trust my monk and i know my position. Ele's are in the back, away from harm. if they do get in the way of enemies, Air takes them out quickly, while monks heal. even the Henchie heals me more than my Aura. Replace Power Drain with Energy Tap, as its more sure and i think its just better. =D might wanna change the energy storage to 10 and the inspiration to 8, and stick the a rune on inspiration. Good luck with this build. it looks promising.
Air Elementalist Extrordinare
--um104

Miss Ainia
20-05-2005, 09:08
thanks um104!:D and everybody else too :)

Aire
20-05-2005, 10:05
Hmm, personally seems like you're over compensating for energy. The two attunements stack and give you Lightning Orb for 3 energy, so energy shouldn't be a problem.

Power Drain > Energy Tap simply because its an interrupt. You can NEVER have too many interrupts.

Glint using Crystal Hibernation? POWER DRAIN :)

/Aire :)

Miss Ainia
20-05-2005, 12:39
Hmm, personally seems like you're over compensating for energy. The two attunements stack and give you Lightning Orb for 3 energy, so energy shouldn't be a problem.

Power Drain > Energy Tap simply because its an interrupt. You can NEVER have too many interrupts.

Glint using Crystal Hibernation? POWER DRAIN :)

Thanks dude :D So i'll use energy tap instead :p

Miss Ainia
20-05-2005, 13:52
I think this is good..
I'll have 16 air, 10 Energystorage and 9 Inspiration magic. I might use a Major energy rune, and have 11 energystorage but 50 less life.. :S
The runes im going to use is the air^ and energy^ and one life rune with 40 life and superior energy rune.. This is 4 runes.. what more rune can i get since i cant stack.

Class: Elementalist / Mesmer

Attributes: (cost) '+' indicates Rune attributes
Energy Storage: 9+1 (48)
Air Magic: 12+4 (97)
Inspiration Magic: 9 (48)

Total attribute points used: 193/200

Skills: [Attribute] (Energy, Cast Time, Recharge TIme)
1) Lightning Javelin [Air Magic] (10,1,5) Spell: Send out a Lightning Javelin that strikes for 52 lightning damage if it hits. If Lightning Javelin strikes an attacking foe, that foe is interrupted. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

2) Lightning Orb [Air Magic] (15,2,5) Spell: Lightning Orb flies towards target foe and strikes for 106 lightning damage if it hits. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

3) Blinding Flash [Air Magic] (15,1,4) Spell: Target enemy is blinded for 11 seconds.

4) Lightning Strike [Air Magic] (5,1,5) Spell: Strike target foe for 53 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

5) Air Attunement [Air Magic] (10,2,60) Enchantment: For 61 seconds, you are attuned to air. You gain 30% of the energy cost of the spell whenever you use Air Magic.

7) Energy Tap [Inspiration Magic] (5,3,20) Spell: Steal 12 energy from target foe.

Miss Schizo
20-05-2005, 17:27
Ummmm, miss ainia I think Aire was saying to use power drain over energy tap. Hence the Powerdrain >(greater than) Energy Tap. Just something you may have taken wrong.

Miss Ainia
20-05-2005, 23:49
Ummmm, miss ainia I think Aire was saying to use power drain over energy tap. Hence the Powerdrain >(greater than) Energy Tap. Just something you may have taken wrong.

Oh sorry aire :p but i dont know.. if he's not using a skill, i wont get any mana :(
So as UM sais, that its "safer" with energy tap..

well well greets :P

PKMG StaR
21-05-2005, 12:27
The problem with energy tap is the 3 second cast time. To gain +7 energy, your sacraficing 3 seconds time. Not to mention that your opening yourself to be interupted yourself, which would not be good =/. If you want to go with the whole drain type route then you would want energy drain, which would cut E. attunement out and then your getting away from your build. Power drain is definantly the way to go for your build. It wont be interupted (you will interupt them), has no cast time which is good for a air elementalist, and has high energy gain.

You would be best off picking between feast and aura of restoration. They both pretty much do the same thing, which is a little self heal. You only need this to counter the hexes, curses, ect. and various small damage that you will take. Believe me, if your the target of the other team, you need to get the hell out of there asap. Even having both these skills are not gonna save you from that type of damage. I would suggest simply removing one, or if your worried about dieng then add windborne speed to escape.

I don't really see any point of having lightning strike in this build. I see that you added it for its small energy cost, but with both attunements and energy drain you won't have much use for it.

Overall I think its one of the better builds posted in awhile on this forum and I think the interupting theme with jav/flash/drain and the high damage spell of orb will be a nice combo for you.

P.S. don't use a major or superior rune for energy storage. Your sacraficing like 50 hps for 3 extra energy which is not a good trade unless your using some type of exhaustion build.

Aire
21-05-2005, 22:31
Oh sorry aire but i dont know.. if he's not using a skill, i wont get any mana

Who doesn't use skills? You're REALLY unlikely to find any non warriors that don't use any skills that take longer than 1 second to cast. If you do - its still good practice

Try interrupting the Priest ;) that takes skill

Miss Ainia
22-05-2005, 20:30
The problem with energy tap is the 3 second cast time. To gain +7 energy, your sacraficing 3 seconds time. Not to mention that your opening yourself to be interupted yourself, which would not be good =/. If you want to go with the whole drain type route then you would want energy drain, which would cut E. attunement out and then your getting away from your build. Power drain is definantly the way to go for your build. It wont be interupted (you will interupt them), has no cast time which is good for a air elementalist, and has high energy gain.

You would be best off picking between feast and aura of restoration. They both pretty much do the same thing, which is a little self heal. You only need this to counter the hexes, curses, ect. and various small damage that you will take. Believe me, if your the target of the other team, you need to get the hell out of there asap. Even having both these skills are not gonna save you from that type of damage. I would suggest simply removing one, or if your worried about dieng then add windborne speed to escape.

I don't really see any point of having lightning strike in this build. I see that you added it for its small energy cost, but with both attunements and energy drain you won't have much use for it.

Overall I think its one of the better builds posted in awhile on this forum and I think the interupting theme with jav/flash/drain and the high damage spell of orb will be a nice combo for you.

P.S. don't use a major or superior rune for energy storage. Your sacraficing like 50 hps for 3 extra energy which is not a good trade unless your using some type of exhaustion build.

Thank you =) I'll get Power Drain instead of Energy Tap, Ether Feast.. I know.. i've got a minor energy storage rune.. but i shall use Sup. Air rune though :d Thank you once again =) Ops.. forgot :D Which skill shall i replace Lightning Strike with, you think ? Some other neat dmg skill.. ?

Aire, True.. :D thanks