PDA

View Full Version : Air/Water build viable ?

Rukia
19-05-2005, 19:26
I was contemplating on an Air-Water Build.

1. Lightning Strike
2. Lightning Orb
3. Enervating Charge
4. Chain Lightning
5. Deep Freeze
6. Maelstorm
7. Elemental Attunement
8. <whatever you want>

Attributes: total : 195

Air: 15 (12 + 1 helm +2 major rune)
Water: 11 (10 + 1 minor rune)
Energy Storage: 9 (8 + 1 minor rune)

This build is designed with pvp in mind but its very effective on pve versus small mob groups and of course devastating vs 1 mob.
also keep in mind that the 2 exhustion spells are NOT to be spammed.

of course you could use any other tree instead of water (earth comes first in mind) but i really like the slowing effects of water.

what do you think ?

Feynt
19-05-2005, 22:28
I'd probably figure out how to put Ice Spikes in there. But your build doesn't leave much room for another class' skills.

Mraezk
20-05-2005, 02:02
I don't think you need two elemental sources of damage in a build. You might be better off with one elemental damage type, and then some defensive spells. Not being beat on, or chased by warriors is a luxury in PvP from what I've experienced. So all those damage spells will help little if you die before you can use them.

PKMG StaR
21-05-2005, 11:52
I'll give you the same advise that I give 90% of the builds posted on this forum, reduce your number of "damage" dealing spells. Look at your cast times, and your recharge times, and you will see that you have to many of these spells. Not to mention that you will also need to cast spells such as attunements and/or aura of restoration inbetween. Plus you dont want to go spam crazy and deplete your energy pool so fast that your character becomes a pretty statue. Especially with no energy steal or replinish spells.

Just pick your favorite spells, then add some more supportive spells. Windborne speed, and hexbreaker are always nice to add if your having trouble of filling your build.

Super Emo Man
21-05-2005, 17:11
Actually i have a build like this only with Fire/Water and all are damage spells minus glyph of lesser energy and elemental attunement. It's easy to maintain even with the high recharge times. So for this build, but in a glyph of lesser energy and you're done. One thing you could do is, drop deep freeze and put in Ice Prison and then drop a Maelstrom. Then just pummel him with your other damage spells.

Feynt
22-05-2005, 11:16
Actually working with spells that are useful for other reasons beyond damage is ideal for a dual or even tri element build. Things like Enervating Charge, Water Trident, Immolate, they all do something besides plain damage. Anything to help out the team works.

MEPMAGE
23-05-2005, 05:57
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=346747

I made a water/air build in the thread above.

ArnisArora
27-05-2005, 22:31
I love that build. I'm working on an air/water elementalist too. :) The only thing I hate about it is you get no good air/water spells for a long time. I wish the game didn't make it so all you get are fires spells. I have a pure earth elementalist I can't even play as an earth ele, as at level 13, the only attack spell I have is eruption. :-( I've made her air/earth so far...and...it's a challenge, to say the least. My ele is a great support player..but I end up in the same boat as a mesmer...no one can see that I'm actually doing anything, as eruption is a quiet aoe, and it's my main damage spell. :mad: