View Full Version : my Smiting monk video

GanZuT
20-05-2005, 00:20
my first movie about my lvl 20 smiting/protecting/healing monk,

http://powerline.mine.nu/UNIgoesWILD.wmv

READ THE END MASSAGE PLZ!

ColdwaveKid
20-05-2005, 01:23
What's your build like I got one in works now.

Got sick of all the W/Mo hate so I make a Mo/W [was clueless what the second class should be so I went here for tactics] to do crowd control.

mycatriddick
20-05-2005, 08:10
any chance you could post your build and maybe the skills youre using in the video? im new to the game and i have made a monk and i want to know how to do this ;)

GanZuT
20-05-2005, 08:58
any chance you could post your build and maybe the skills youre using in the video? im new to the game and i have made a monk and i want to know how to do this ;)

Well the main skills I use is:
Healing Hands
Balthazar's Aura
Symbol of Wrath
Zealot's Fire
Essence Bond

fill out the rest with skills best suited for the situation.
i havent unlockt the runes i want yet but the attribute point should be like:
protektion healer: 8
healing prayer: 10
smiting prayer:12

Bladorthin
20-05-2005, 11:25
Well the main skills I use is:
Healing Hands
Balthazar's Aura
Symbol of Wrath
Zealot's Fire
Essence Bond

fill out the rest with skills best suited for the situation.
i havent unlockt the runes i want yet but the attribute point should be like:
protektion healer: 8
healing prayer: 10
smiting prayer:12

If you don't have any points in Divine Favor, why not go Warrior as your main for the better armor, and less chance of being the "Auto-Target" in PvP.

Just Curious ;-)

Bladorthin

Kookus
20-05-2005, 11:30
I think that is because Balthazar's Aura costs 25 energy. :p

Lord Gargoyle
20-05-2005, 16:36
what i want to know is (since i am impressed by both the smite videos) how good you far in the later maps? is this build still good if you fight mobs after ascension? :confused:

GanZuT
20-05-2005, 20:24
what i want to know is (since i am impressed by both the smite videos) how good you far in the later maps? is this build still good if you fight mobs after ascension? :confused:

well dont get me wrong, this build is ONLY GOOD FOR FARMING and it sucks in pvp, I can kill ~10 lvl 18 white mantle and survive no more NO LESS, becuse I depend on the enemy to attack me to get my energy i cant kill a single lvl 25 enemy...

im not good at english...

NEUROSHOCKED
20-05-2005, 20:36
Dude!! kick *** song :happy65: :happy14: :worship:
I can't get it out of my head now lol

tHrs
21-05-2005, 03:41
lol amazing
is it any usefull in a party?
nice song, wru from?

goatsong
21-05-2005, 07:51
hahaha, that is very fun to watch, and impressive!

could i do the same thing with a monk secondary, someday?

jlowry
26-05-2005, 01:28
Have you tried this build around Ember Light Camp? I'd like to see a video of that!

Looks very impressive, Ganzut! Congrats on convincing me to try a monk (one that can farm and/or heal)! :)

Zuvio
26-05-2005, 13:37
Ehm, the file is gone! I'd really like to see the video. I have a pretty good idea how it looks like. And yeah, monks can farm great, as long as you choose and plan you situation carefully. But can you find another place to post your vid? thnx :)

MBYM
26-05-2005, 21:33
Originally Posted by Lord Gargoyle
what i want to know is (since i am impressed by both the smite videos) how good you far in the later maps? is this build still good if you fight mobs after ascension?

I haven't ascended yet, but my smiting mo/w can solo the desert areas fairly well (i took on 4 lvl 21 griffons yesterday with a 60% death penalty). Giants are no problem with balanced stance, but Hydras are a lot harder-if you pull very many, then the casting alone will wipe you out before you can heal. As far as playing in a team, if you do, you usually have to have a team that will work around your build by hanging back and letting you have all the aggro, so that you have plenty of energy (from balthazar's spirit) and the enemies are all standing next to you for the aoe's.

DrMadCat
26-05-2005, 21:54
Protective Bonds for hydras.

Insane Master
06-06-2005, 05:11
Ya umm that video rocks..

Well i recently deleted it on acident. Can u please send it to me or something? Thnks

edit...nvm u just changed the name; I got it. Coolio

collitchboy
06-06-2005, 05:46
is it me or is the link broken?

huxley maximus
06-06-2005, 06:10
I use a similar build for warrior...since you can get offhand items that give you 12+ energy you could do this build and make use of the extra HP from a warrior. Especially since you are using balhazaar's to gain your mana there really isnt any reason to be a monk with this build, just my two cents.

Insane Master
06-06-2005, 06:50
The link is not broken. He just changed the name. Uni_Trinitron is the name of the video. http://powerline.mine.nu/gw/Uni_Trinitron.wmv

there is also more guild wars videos that he has. http://powerline.mine.nu/gw/

and if u go back even further. you will find out more on the site http://powerline.mine.nu/

Lord Gargoyle
06-06-2005, 14:35
"I haven't ascended yet, but my smiting mo/w can solo the desert areas fairly well (i took on 4 lvl 21 griffons yesterday with a 60% death penalty). Giants are no problem with balanced stance, but Hydras are a lot harder-if you pull very many, then the casting alone will wipe you out before you can heal. As far as playing in a team, if you do, you usually have to have a team that will work around your build by hanging back and letting you have all the aggro, so that you have plenty of energy (from balthazar's spirit) and the enemies are all standing next to you for the aoe's."

yep, i have a smiter, too and noticed they do fairly well. only problem is with mana since as you said you need to be hit often. :)

Pythonix
07-06-2005, 13:21
hahaha, that is very fun to watch, and impressive!

could i do the same thing with a monk secondary, someday?

Nice video, i just tried this with a Necro/Monk and it worked like a charm! I used a few different spells here, and some points in Soul Reaping rather than protection and it seems a lot easier than the video. Perhaps N/Mo is a superior farming build >:D