PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good secondary for a warrior??

Ekrin
20-05-2005, 05:46
I want to create a warrior but i am not sure what secondary proffession I should take. I have heard good things about the W/Mo combonation but a W/Ne seems pretty cool to. Also warriors dont have a very large energy pool so my spell capabilities will be limited. Im so confused :confused: :(

brontes
20-05-2005, 06:04
I think the popularity of W/Mo says something in and of itself. You'll be looked down on as being a FOTM tard.. and a tard you may not be.. but most people will frown on it.

My first char was a Monk. I got him to 20 and rolled a W/Mo. My warrior just chops through everything and its pretty self-sufficient. Its rediculously fun to play, and thats what counts. If I get bored later, the build gets nerfed, or even if I'm just curious about other styles, I can always switch my secondary.

I just hit LA and up to there, atleast, W/Mo is pretty potent.

Ekrin
20-05-2005, 13:14
I think the popularity of W/Mo says something in and of itself. You'll be looked down on as being a FOTM tard.. and a tard you may not be.. but most people will frown on it.

My first char was a Monk. I got him to 20 and rolled a W/Mo. My warrior just chops through everything and its pretty self-sufficient. Its rediculously fun to play, and thats what counts. If I get bored later, the build gets nerfed, or even if I'm just curious about other styles, I can always switch my secondary.

I just hit LA and up to there, atleast, W/Mo is pretty potent.

ok thx i guess ill try a W/Mo

Sir Sweepaway
20-05-2005, 13:30
Like brontes said, you can always switch secondary (even though I dont know how lol)
For me the choice is W/N because I love the idea of stealing life from an opponent. I also didn't know what secondary so I went with my style. W/N are more for the group than for themselves. Where some W/Mo (and W/R I have seen lately) tend to run off and fight by themselves and die (no offense but I have seen a few do it, actually most warrior class people do just because we think we are "Tanks") I usually stick with my buddies because I like being healed and in return I give them a nice well of blood for a +5 regen for an Area around the body :happy53:

jlowry
20-05-2005, 18:24
Warrior/Monk is an easy build good for anyone starting out in GW. It is a strong choice capable of taking lots of damage and can be used for soloing/"farming" later in the game. (It also makes the job of a party monk less hectic since you can take care of yourself)

That said, a Warrior/Monk is a pretty self-centered build that does not NORMALLY get used for helping the party out. They may tend to throw out some healing here and there, but their primary goal is aggro management and tanking.

With a Warrior/Necro, tanking is quite easy as well but it takes a bit more effort (and skill IN MY OPINION). The added benefits are team support. With different wells being created (Blood well is often a party favorite), and curses to help add damage, a Warrior/Necro TENDS TO BE more party focused by design. Of course, how you work any build and how effective you are as a team player is up to you. It all depends on what your job is to be.

Personally, I prefer the Warriro/Necro due to flexability of skills and teamwork bonuses (I jostle skills around based on the mission with a wide range of effect...dependong how much healing I need to do for the party as a whole). Of course this is just my opinion... Don't bother wasting your time flaming me.

Aurora Silvia
20-05-2005, 18:33
I prefer W/Mo because it lightens the load of the healer. with 1 less person to worry about most of the time the healer can focus on keeping the mages alive and such. Also I've always like paladin type characters so W/Mo was the way to go.

Feywolf Tigereye
20-05-2005, 18:34
I'm a war/nec and I solo much more efficiently than alot of war/mo i know.Once you get to higher levels the war/monk healing isn't enough,while being a war/nec I can take on 2-3 level 21 Sand Drakes outside Elona's Reach fairly easily.It is also a group build and I do agree it takes (IMHO a MASSIVE amount more skill,than that of playing a war/mo).Of course this is just my opinion,but when I do run off I am very capable of taking on a few mobs and living to tell about it.If you have any more inquiries PM me in game..Feywolf Tigereye leader of Fatale Fury and/or Fabled Legends.

jlowry
20-05-2005, 19:06
I'm a war/nec and I solo much more efficiently than alot of war/mo i know.Once you get to higher levels the war/monk healing isn't enough,while being a war/nec I can take on 2-3 level 21 Sand Drakes outside Elona's Reach fairly easily.It is also a group build and I do agree it takes (IMHO a MASSIVE amount more skill,than that of playing a war/mo).Of course this is just my opinion,but when I do run off I am very capable of taking on a few mobs and living to tell about it.If you have any more inquiries PM me in game..Feywolf Tigereye leader of Fatale Fury and/or Fabled Legends.

Try taking on 18+ Flesh Golems at once.....solo (lvl 24 monsters that spawn multitudes of minions). That is a rush! These farming runs have been a LOT of fun and very equitable for me! (Warrior/Necro with Axes/Blood/Curses)

Feywolf Tigereye
20-05-2005, 19:31
I've done that.In my personal experience I receive more GOLD items in Elona's (maybe its just my luck) than hunting Flesh Golems outside Ember camp.Just my opinion.

saeben
20-05-2005, 20:23
I like W/Me so far. the W/N i had used too much energy. I like the utility of mez skills.

jlowry
20-05-2005, 20:42
I've done that.In my personal experience I receive more GOLD items in Elona's (maybe its just my luck) than hunting Flesh Golems outside Ember camp.Just my opinion.

Yeah, in the Ember area I find a lot more junk than elite stuff...especially necro stuff! Although I have found a few GOLD bows, a GOLD perfect damage Fiery Dragon Sword, some really nice hammers, and other good stuff. I need to check out more hunting grounds, but for now I need the cash flow (saving up for new armor). Ember area is certainly good for that! :-)

If you need runes this is not a great area to hunt, BTW. I'm still looking for a good MASS AGGRO melee group to hunt. Preferably without casters/mesmers. They just slow things down. Any suggestions? The more I can get around me the better... So, 20+ higher level enemies swarming me (lvl20+) would be GREAT!

jlowry
20-05-2005, 20:45
I like W/Me so far. the W/N i had used too much energy. I like the utility of mez skills.

Energy managemnt is certainly a chore... Thankfully Bonetti's Defense is an adrenal skill....since Cyclone Axe jumps up adrenaline in a group instantly. That combo will keep your energy maxed in a swarm. Victoy is Mine! is also a nice skill if you use curses to disease/poison the group. Add in a bit of Unholy Feast, and you have a Health and Energy surplus. :)

Ekrin
20-05-2005, 22:10
What is the maximum adrenaline pool for a warrior and how long does it take to get there after you start a battle?

Ekrin
20-05-2005, 22:10
Also thanks for all the help you guys :happy34:

Mo Baddass
22-05-2005, 15:15
What is the maximum adrenaline pool for a warrior and how long does it take to get there after you start a battle?

20; not sure what you by how long it takes to get there..

Ekrin
22-05-2005, 21:07
20; not sure what you by how long it takes to get there..

Thanks that helps!! :D

Dragon Flame
23-05-2005, 04:47
ive been playing a W/E since the betas. It does take skill to play, but can do TONs of damage, and (when played well) keep itself alive with warrior skills like Victory is Mine (what i use) and/or ele armor boosting skills, etc.

PS. what sucks is that sword warriors who use ViM cant farm anything that doesnt bleed!! and that limits the choices a bit.

Ekrin
24-05-2005, 01:41
thanks for all of the feedback.
I have decided to be a W/N because i like the idea of all of the damage+healing that will bring.
:D :D :D