PDA

View Full Version : Domination/Water comments please

Era
20-05-2005, 06:05
:happy65: I'm Mesmer/Elementalist and I;m thinking of going something like this:

10domination(11)
10water
6fast casting
And the rest in inspiration because i'll only be using one inspiration spell to steal energy.

Im gonna have something like this set up for my keys:

1 = backfire
2 = chaos storm
3 = maelstrom
4 = deepfreeze
5 = Energy Tap(the one where u steal energy not sure exactly the name, still a noob :D)
6 = Conjure phantasm/Power spike(not quite sure right now)
7 = Energy burn
8 = Shatter hex / Glyph of energy(one that reduces energy cost of next spell by 15, not quite sure of name exactly)

Please give me comments and/or suggestions please im still a noob :happy65:

jstreed
20-05-2005, 16:20
:happy65: I'm Mesmer/Elementalist and I;m thinking of going something like this:

10domination(11)
10water
6fast casting
And the rest in inspiration because i'll only be using one inspiration spell to steal energy.

Im gonna have something like this set up for my keys:

1 = backfire
2 = chaos storm
3 = maelstrom
4 = deepfreeze
5 = Energy Tap(the one where u steal energy not sure exactly the name, still a noob :D)
6 = Conjure phantasm/Power spike(not quite sure right now)
7 = Energy burn
8 = Shatter hex / Glyph of energy(one that reduces energy cost of next spell by 15, not quite sure of name exactly)

Please give me comments and/or suggestions please im still a noob :happy65:

I'm currently running a level 12 M/E with water as well. However, you need to realize that Conjure Phantasm is Illusion magic, which takes that out of your build. Other than that, your build is looking to be a strong anti-caster/energy burner, which will do well in pvp but will have a tough time in pve

Tsume
20-05-2005, 23:17
I'm thinking your useing lots of energy in this build. Definatley use Energy Tap and Glyph. You may end up subbing in something like Inspired Enchantment.

The energy from going Elementalist primary may end up benefiting you more than Fast Casting. If you go Ele prime you may try out Ether Prodigy and see if it helps you out any, I dont think the damage would be a prbolem with the high cost spells you have avaiable to cast.

I just see a lot of down time or waiting time in this build. The Glyph is only ever 30 seconds, and 25 energy is hecka expensive, and 2 spells with that cost, coupled with some 15 energy cost is a lot of energy for a non Eneryg Storage equipped character to manage.

Era
21-05-2005, 05:24
I'm thinking your useing lots of energy in this build. Definatley use Energy Tap and Glyph. You may end up subbing in something like Inspired Enchantment.

The energy from going Elementalist primary may end up benefiting you more than Fast Casting. If you go Ele prime you may try out Ether Prodigy and see if it helps you out any, I dont think the damage would be a prbolem with the high cost spells you have avaiable to cast.

I just see a lot of down time or waiting time in this build. The Glyph is only ever 30 seconds, and 25 energy is hecka expensive, and 2 spells with that cost, coupled with some 15 energy cost is a lot of energy for a non Eneryg Storage equipped character to manage.

So what would you recommend for a domination/*any elementalist skill* build? with fast casting included?

Downward
21-05-2005, 06:14
Something interesting you could try, based on what jstreed and Tsume said, is stay Dom10/Water10/Insp10/FC5 (plus whatever runes), but make your list like this:

Backfire
Chaos Storm
Maelstrom
Deep Freeze
Energy Tap
Shatter Hex
Energy Burn OR Guilt/Shame (Shame if you are targeting Monks)
Glyph of Lesser Energy

The Energy Burn could be replaced if you need extra energy and are facing alot of casters, in which case you could take Guilt if you wanna go after Necs or Eles, or Shame if you target Monks. You might also consider Water Attunement in place of Energy Tap, and then putting more points into Water and Domination magics (get them to 11 or 12), as well as puting the rest into Fast Casting.

Just some thoughts. Have fun with whatever you do...and remember, that there are no bad builds, just fun ones. :happy34:

Nobleman Azure
21-05-2005, 07:11
this build is great in PVE, but don't expect much in PVP as youll be burning too much energy for little cause even after the above posters alteration. DOT Area Effect Spells are avoided in PVP, people run away from it before it does its full potential, good AE spells in PVP causes knockdowns like meteor storm or deal alot of damage or any other AE with a special effect.

but if you care not for PVP right now, the above poster's mod seems really reasonable and well thought out to me