PDA

View Full Version : Ranger's skill: apply poison

Ivy
20-05-2005, 06:50
Where or what boss can I get apply poison from?

(A lot of ppl told me it's above LA but I can't find it)

Zeva Weyoom
20-05-2005, 07:45
Skill trainer Near LA on MErchants Plea quest i think

Eve
20-05-2005, 13:58
Ascalon Settlement, quest for npc.

Neon
20-05-2005, 14:58
Ascalon Settlement, quest for npc.

Captain Greywind, please use the search button :D

Ivy
20-05-2005, 15:40
Captain Greywind, please use the search button :D

Thx so much. :D

Dutch Mike
09-07-2005, 08:45
Apply poison can be obtained at Quarrel Falls (After completing Blood Stone Fen mission) You can buy it for like 1 skill point,190 gold :happy14:

Edit: A C E Do you just want to make your posts count higher or what man dont typ bull****.

SilentMoon
09-07-2005, 11:11
Apply poison can be obtained at Quarrel Falls (After completing Blood Stone Fen mission) You can buy it for like 1 skill point,190 gold :happy14:
That's a waste of a skill point though. As pointed out earlier, Captain Greywind in Ascalon Settlement will reward you with it for doing some quest.

hahnsoo
09-07-2005, 11:27
That's a waste of a skill point though. As pointed out earlier, Captain Greywind in Ascalon Settlement will reward you with it for doing some quest.He does? I thought you had to buy it from him (it's not available from a quest). I also don't recall Apply Poison being at Sorrim in Quarrel Falls. In fact, I just checked, and it's not.

Feynt
09-07-2005, 11:33
I can confirm that Apply Poison is only available as a purchasable skill from Captain Greywind. I've never found it anywhere else, unless you count it on boss monsters. Actually, even then I can't recall seeing it, the only skeleton archer boss I know of off the top of my head is Sayad (Gates of Kryta) and I'm pretty sure he doesn't use it.

hahnsoo
09-07-2005, 11:40
I can confirm that Apply Poison is only available as a purchasable skill from Captain Greywind. I've never found it anywhere else, unless you count it on boss monsters. Actually, even then I can't recall seeing it, the only skeleton archer boss I know of off the top of my head is Sayad (Gates of Kryta) and I'm pretty sure he doesn't use it.Yeah, both Sayad the Bloodless and Ghita Bonz don't have Apply Poison, which is odd considering how many Skeleton Archers use it. The only boss I've found that has it so far is Melandru's Cursed on Perdition Rock. In other words, buy it from Greywind.

If you have trouble finding the Ascalon Settlement, there is a quest just outside of Lion's Arch called, "Ascalon Settlement" (*smacks forehead*). Not only will you have a convenient waypoint so you can find it on your radar, but you'll have Cynn, Mhenlo, Devona, and Aidan to help you out... a party max of 10, pretty much! Woo! And to top it off, completing the quest gives you "Throw Dirt".

Feynt
09-07-2005, 11:50
...The only boss I've found that has it so far is Melandru's Cursed on Perdition Rock...
>D
I'd laugh if I encountered a ranger complaining that he can't get Apply Poison because that's the only place his W/Mo has seen a boss use it.

...And to top it off, completing the quest gives you "Throw Dirt".

It also gives you a skill appropriate to your class, not that you didn't know that. Mesmers get Wastrel's Worry and monks get Heal Other (right when you really need it, when the damage starts getting out of control for Orison of Healing and the like). I forget what warriors and elementalists get, and I don't have a necro to go out and look at what it would get.

hahnsoo
09-07-2005, 12:02
Warriors - Final Thrust
Elementalist - Lightning Orb
Necro - Enfeeble

Lots of good skills all around. It's amazing how much happiness just one simple quest can bring. *collapses in a fit of joy*

Feynt
09-07-2005, 12:12
You sure Final Thrust is there? I'm pretty sure you get that for the Mysterious Message quest out of Druid's Overlook because I remember how bummed my friend was about it when we got to Lion's Arch...

But then I swear (and at the time swore) that it was a reward for that quest too, so what do I know. At the moment I'm suffering from sleep deprevation so I can't remember much of anything about it.

hahnsoo
09-07-2005, 12:24
You sure Final Thrust is there? I'm pretty sure you get that for the Mysterious Message quest out of Druid's Overlook because I remember how bummed my friend was about it when we got to Lion's Arch...Lemme check real quick (got a warrior/mesmer that hasn't done that quest yet)...
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5454/ascalonsettlementquest5ye.jpg
There ya go.

Feynt
09-07-2005, 21:18
Suits me just fine. Not that I care either way, I'm not really a sword lover. I likes me axe just fine I do.

anocross
09-07-2005, 22:50
Yeah, both Sayad the Bloodless and Ghita Bonz don't have Apply Poison, which is odd considering how many Skeleton Archers use it. The only boss I've found that has it so far is Melandru's Cursed on Perdition Rock. In other words, buy it from Greywind.

If you have trouble finding the Ascalon Settlement, there is a quest just outside of Lion's Arch called, "Ascalon Settlement" (*smacks forehead*). Not only will you have a convenient waypoint so you can find it on your radar, but you'll have Cynn, Mhenlo, Devona, and Aidan to help you out... a party max of 10, pretty much! Woo! And to top it off, completing the quest gives you "Throw Dirt".

When I did that quest, Cynn, Mhenlo, Devona, and Aidan didn't fight with me like I thought. They just stood there, soaking up the hits. At least Mhenlo healed a bit, though.

CallMeDerek
10-07-2005, 03:00
i have no clue where ascalon settlement is and I've been really trying to get this skill- apply poison. By ascalon settlement, do you mean Ascalon City? Even if it is, I still can't find Captain Greywind.. where is this guy exactly?

thanks in advance

Kalis Pax
10-07-2005, 05:37
Ascalon Settlement is NE of Lion's Arch, towards Bergen Hot Springs. I think (not positive) that Capt. Greywind in in Lion's Arch.

hahnsoo
10-07-2005, 05:48
When I did that quest, Cynn, Mhenlo, Devona, and Aidan didn't fight with me like I thought. They just stood there, soaking up the hits. At least Mhenlo healed a bit, though.Same thing happened to me the first time. They've recently improved the AI of those followers so that they actually attack (and kick total a**, I might add).