PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about greater conflagration?

ares416
20-05-2005, 16:41
I've used this skill in PvP with the premade Ra/E build. I use it with conjure flame to add a mere +9 to every hit. It doesn't seem on paper to be much different so what's so great about doing fire dmg compared to regular dmg? Doesn't armor protect against fire as equally as physical?

I don't know why but it seems to be very effective as I've tried switching it out for Fav winds (+6 dmg) and that doesn't seem to do nearly as much damage. It appears GC is effective but why? Does anyone know?

TerraHero
20-05-2005, 16:54
I think it has something to do with elemental protection and physical protection from armor.

but i'm not sure.

ares416
20-05-2005, 17:09
That's what I was wondering - say an enemy has an armor of 80. That reduces physical damage by some amount. Does it reduce elemental damage the same amount or what? If it didn't then I can see why GC is so deadly.

Ratix0
20-05-2005, 17:12
1 Armor: Drakescale Armor. You're a better physical tank than ANY warrior.

ares416
20-05-2005, 18:01
1 Armor: Drakescale Armor. You're a better physical tank than ANY warrior.

Huh? What am I missing? What does this have to do with this topic?

sangalang
20-05-2005, 22:17
drakescale armor adds armor against elemental attacks, and fire attacks. giving you more armor since all damage will be fire

Dirty_Zulu
21-05-2005, 01:09
Just some clarification here. Does GC covert your damage to fire or does it convert the damage you receive into fire? Or does it do both? :confused:

GC attack on a Warrior would jus get rid of the +20AL against Phys. So it's not really much.

Spac
21-05-2005, 02:32
Just some clarification here. Does GC covert your damage to fire or does it convert the damage you receive into fire? Or does it do both? :confused:

GC attack on a Warrior would jus get rid of the +20AL against Phys. So it's not really much.

Converts all physical damage into fire.

So yes warrior armour bonus's against physical damage are ignored, it might not seem like much but the +20AL against physical is the only advantage warrior armour has over ranger armour.

It also changes their damage to fire too, so the +30AL and +15 from drakes armour makes your AC higher then any warriors. So it works as an offensive spirit and a defensive spirit. You'll do about 15% more damage to warriors while it's running and take about 20% less, around 30% less with drakes.

It makes taking out other rangers though alot harder too heehee.

this_barb
21-05-2005, 04:10
Also forgot Mantra of Flame or whatever its called.

Evil Bowmaster
22-05-2005, 15:58
Converts all physical damage into fire.

So yes warrior armour bonus's against physical damage are ignored, it might not seem like much but the +20AL against physical is the only advantage warrior armour has over ranger armour.

It also changes their damage to fire too, so the +30AL and +15 from drakes armour makes your AC higher then any warriors. So it works as an offensive spirit and a defensive spirit. You'll do about 15% more damage to warriors while it's running and take about 20% less, around 30% less with drakes.

It makes taking out other rangers though alot harder too heehee.

at the same time all the warriors in YOUR group will be getting fire dmg from enemy rangers. This only has benefit if you have a large number of drakescaled rangers in your group and enemies have less of them and more warriors. Oh yes, provided they dont seek and destroy your spirit quick. Hard to find another 5 sec to cast it again if it dies in pvp.

this_barb
22-05-2005, 18:44
Drakeskale Armor (45 Fire Defense) + Mantra of Flame = Near-Godlike