PDA

View Full Version : riding the pets

Rulero
20-05-2005, 17:24
i heared some rumors about trading your pet later on in the game for a bigger one and that pets are able to evole and are rideable,, i dont know if it is true,, if it is can anyone tell me about this :idea:

Wulfen Arrowtusk
20-05-2005, 21:29
AFAIK you cannot "trade" your pet. You can turn them over to the Animal Tamer (leaving you without one) until you charm another. There are more available post seering than pre, but as the map is much larger; it takes longer to get to them, and not as easy to charm them. As for riding them, not likely. There are beasties being ridden that you have to face, but I doubt that 'pet riding' is a feature of the game. As for eveolving, I don't think I understand what you are refferencing. If you mean getting bigger and stuff like that, I haven't heard anything about that. If you mean in levels, they continue to progress as you do (gaining experience points through encounters) and through higher and better Beast Mastery and Pet Skills provide more punch when engaged.

However, I am not an official spokesperson for the game, and have only been playing a short time. Nothing I have posted should be taken as fact, just anecdotal and my opinions.

Rulero
20-05-2005, 22:22
well what i exactly mean is if it is true that you can ride on your pets when they get bigger, ive seen a screenshot of a bird of prey,, it was a very big evolved like version of the moa bird,, it was huge,, and than i heared some people talking ingame about that it is possible to ride your animal cause it has been growing bigger, i noticed that within 5 levels the name of the pet changed, i also compared my level 16 stalker with a level 5 stalker
mine was bigger. so what i exactly want to know is,, is a pet only as a second unit of your party or can it also be used to travel on. i mean sitting on the beast:P
:surprise:

Wulfen Arrowtusk
20-05-2005, 22:56
I haven't ssen nor heard of what you have. Like I said before, whtever I say isn't "official". You aparantly have seen and heard more that I.

iRuN
20-05-2005, 23:14
they grow larger as they lvl, you can't ride them, and to change name do /petname Mypetname

This was my pet at lvl 16.. sadly I forgot to get one of when it turned lvl 20.. got tired of seeing a wolf so got me a dune lizard now :happy53: looks nice but at lvl 13 only it dies pretty quick :lol:

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/gwwolf1.JPG
http://images5.theimagehosting.com/gwwolf2.JPG

:thumbsup:

goatsong
21-05-2005, 00:43
that sounds like a BS rumour if i've ever heard one

Emerald Fire
21-05-2005, 03:22
I'm fairly sure that person who rumored that you could ride your pet was yanking your chain so to speak. It's true that they grow larger as they gain levels, but they aren't ridable. I haven't learned or heard of any skill that makes this even remotely possible. Best advice that could be given: Whatever you chose, keep it from early on. I've tried other pets before, and I kept going back to my stalker. She's the best fighter I've had so far, more punch for the package, though a spider would be awsome for show... :winking47

Wobbs of undead monkies
22-05-2005, 21:49
to ride the pet would be fun but tyhen who would ride the piggie huh lol it would be funny still i can see the wolf, stalker, lynx if an i say IF there was a rideable function but the rest hmm look tad odd oh an the burds of course but yea someone was kiddin with u man lol just smile an believe wat u wanna beleive i just wish there was a way to get other pets without gettin rid of em

weisenheimer
23-05-2005, 02:37
There should be a town with an animal farm, or say, like the ascalon farmer in the settlement in Kryta.... Kinda like the storage chest, you could pay him some gold to build a "stable" for your pets. Having to lose a good pet to try out another is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to ride the pet would be fun but tyhen who would ride the piggie huh lol it would be funny still i can see the wolf, stalker, lynx if an i say IF there was a rideable function but the rest hmm look tad odd oh an the burds of course but yea someone was kiddin with u man lol just smile an believe wat u wanna beleive i just wish there was a way to get other pets without gettin rid of em

gfdmorph
24-05-2005, 16:06
That would be the best upgrade, actually make the pets usefull. I used to use a pet, till I got more skills. One of the problems I faced with it was similar to the problem I face with henchmen sometimes: it will sometimes just sit there and not attack, it seems because there is another monster in the way. Another problem I have had with my pet is that it doesn't attack until I do. I wish there was a way to send the pet off to attack while you do preparations or something. Minor flaw. Anyways, if they coudl make it rideable and you could get an elevated bonus while on top, but less accurate; faster movement, but slower rof or something, I think this would be really cool. I would love to ride the back of my bear, lol. I also think there should be special animal skills depending on ur pet. I.E. I got a bear, lets see the bear hug, which could work like Pin Down and it also prevents casting or something, or could be a health degen-like effect. That would be sweet. haha, ok, back to work.

Zegorzalek
11-06-2005, 12:45
Sign me up for a "Revenge of the Sith" Lizard-steed!!!!!

the slayer
11-06-2005, 17:22
that whole pet **** is b/s i luv my dogs and i tryed the spider nd i lost my dog i'm pissed and for rideing them? lol that just bullsh*t :mad:

Nadril
11-06-2005, 18:58

wha? :confused:

*imagines runing around riding a moa bird* ah... the evil things i could do.

Perfect_11.
11-06-2005, 19:45
riding a pet could be implemented, but it brings up another topic: jus running through areas. A monk with permanent sprint and balanced stance? They could rush thru most areas. However, riding on an animal would be sweet. The only picture that pops up in my head is the dune lizard (haah Star Wars Episode 3) riding a bear and a wolf just makes u look like a cruel master, unless they were freakishly large.

Sponx
11-06-2005, 19:49
that whole pet **** is b/s i luv my dogs and i tryed the spider nd i lost my dog i'm pissed and for rideing them? lol that just bullsh*t :mad:

Ok, what do you mean about a dog, and a spider? the only place you can get spiders is in Unerworld, and then you get the Spider at lvl 20..

Zegorzalek
13-06-2005, 13:05
I thought spiders were available pre-sear in Regent Valley.... or has this changed with updates?

Aviyur
13-06-2005, 13:07
Actually now that you mention it, i remember seeing a spider that is green with you over in the catacombs (or just outside it) in the pre-searing....whether its tamable or not is another thing

hahnsoo
13-06-2005, 16:47
Actually now that you mention it, i remember seeing a spider that is green with you over in the catacombs (or just outside it) in the pre-searing....whether its tamable or not is another thing
AFAIK, pre-Searing Moss Spiders are not tameable. Not sure if there is a "special" spider that is tameable.

Lilly
13-06-2005, 19:05
http://underzone.online.fr/riding_pet.jpg

Zero
13-06-2005, 20:01
:lol: Lilly thats an awesome picture. Pitty its not really riding ;)

Miss Opera Ghost
13-06-2005, 20:08
http://underzone.online.fr/riding_pet.jpg

LMAO

thats great, is she dancing or something?

Zero
13-06-2005, 20:10
LMAO

thats great, is she dancing or something?
Air guitar

Lilly
13-06-2005, 20:21
Air guitar

Exactly ;)
here (http://underzone.online.fr/gw006.jpg) is the full screenshot.

Spanish Flip
13-06-2005, 20:35
That is beautifu. What level is your stalker?

Zegorzalek
14-06-2005, 10:15
That is awesome... can't hardly wait... ordered my copy of GW today, should have it in about a week! In the market for a lizard! Heh!

Shadowspawn X
15-06-2005, 17:49
I think that this riding the pet may be possible. On page 187 , second column of Primas Official Guild Wars Game guide, it states the following:

" Pets may experience "Evolutions" as they level and are granted stronger or weaker attacks and defenses. Which evolution occurs depends on your play style and how you utilize your pet."

Given this statement and the current general trend of Rangers ignoring the BeastMaster attribute when it comes to distributing their points, how can we be sure. Is there a level 20 Ranger out there with 12 or more points in BeastMastery to verify or debunk any of these rumors? Also can we shed some light one this "Evolution" if possible. Thanks.

Zero
15-06-2005, 18:03
Check the pet test sticky thread ;)

Its been confirmed by Anet that currently evoulition name changes (hearty, elder, dire) are cosmetic. Also riding is impossible just to clear it up for anyone who's hope got up from the picture.

Pork Soldier
19-06-2005, 10:13
AFAIK, pre-Searing Moss Spiders are not tameable. Not sure if there is a "special" spider that is tameable.

I tamed a moss spider pre-searing, there are some in green hills county.

Zegorzalek
19-06-2005, 10:37
Very respectfully, do you have a picture of it and would you post it? Was it after the update? AND..... has anyone charmed a lizard pre-searing as of late??? The wanna-be-noob desires to know!!! (still waiting for my GW copy). :surprise: Thanks!! Zeg

Pork Soldier
20-06-2005, 03:13
Very respectfully, do you have a picture of it and would you post it? Was it after the update? AND..... has anyone charmed a lizard pre-searing as of late??? The wanna-be-noob desires to know!!! (still waiting for my GW copy). :surprise: Thanks!! Zeg

I didn't take screenshots, it was about a week ago and all my characters are through pre-searing now. Check green hills county north of the statue of balthazar, near the field full of grawl - there should be a few passive spiders wandering there.

I noticed something odd too, when I leveled a strider up a bit it automatically turned into a 'moa bird' at level 3 or 4. Seemed strange to me :confused:

Thunderbolts
20-06-2005, 04:38
You can't ride pets, there is no animation or a skill to do that.

It would be fun though. ;)

Feynt
20-06-2005, 11:06
Not sure how they would implement that really. Is it purely cosmetic? Your pet doesn't do anything while you ride it and you look cool? That would cheese off quite a few people. Faster movement rate but still capable of being knocked down (and subsequently thrown from your mount) would be cool, and if it cost you accuracy or attack speed as a penalty it's something I would gladly accept to be a warg rider. >3
Perhaps making only level 20 pets ridable as they're fully grown?

I think they're afraid that it would seem too close to WoW's mounts too and a lawsuit would be in their near future. I don't think that kind of thing can be copywritten though, after all it's mounted animals. MUDs the world over would be paying to a single game in our history for that kind of thing if it were possible, let alone UO and WoW.

Emberhawk
24-10-2005, 05:23
:sign72: First post! Woo!

I noticed that too, on my N/R. About level 3, my Strider turned into a Moa Bird.

*imagines riding her R/Mo's Stalker around* *cackles*

TheDivider
24-10-2005, 05:31
Can't believe this thread got 4 pages about Riding Pets. Oh well I'll add to the chaos.........NO way you can't ride pets, what are you crazy!?!? :lol:

Aviyur
24-10-2005, 11:27
T'would be good actually....they could give BM line a nice overhaul so that your BM skills involve you riding animals and using the attacks...not nessecerily upgrade the attacks....just have the animation of you riding animals :p