PDA

View Full Version : Taking down W/Mo's

Omnipotent
20-05-2005, 22:48
This has worked real well for me in PvP.

Youll need a R/E with: Concussion Shot, Crippling Shot, Determined Shot, Hunter's Shot and Fire Storm. You can add other skills that you like I guess.

First, hit him with Crippling Shot so the Warrior cant get clsoe to kill you.
Hit him with Consussion Shot to stop him from casting healing spells (Use as needed).
Cast Fire Storm so either they sit there and take damage or try and leave (They usually do).
When they try to run (Remember, theyre crippled so theyre slow) hit 'em with Hunters Shot so they bleed.

Then just use the skills that you need to from here on out, proably Concussion Shot so they cant heal.

Have fun and good luck killing all the W/Mo n00bs (and some of the "Pros")

Xak of the Blade
21-05-2005, 00:10
Hehe, nice post. Just remember that the W/Mo's job is to be the tank, so while you are focused on nuetralizing them, they are doing their job perfectly.

Darksamurai333
21-05-2005, 00:27
If you bring a prep, and a conjure you could probably do some wicked damage to em and kill them fast

Pavez
21-05-2005, 00:36
Or maybe you put Enfeeble and Faintheartedness on them and ignore?

Kyark
21-05-2005, 00:37
Bring a prep...like poison. :D Works nicely!

Irakaz
21-05-2005, 00:37
Im not sure id want to be there if the war/mo or his mo/mo teamate casts mend aliment and you have little energy. Unless your using glyphs/zealous bow whatever your energy will be very low after using firestorm and conc shot. Just hope the w/mo doesent reach u and has up judges insight.

Xak of the Blade
21-05-2005, 02:12
Or if they bring Purge COnditions and Smite Hex like I do for any PvP engagement, you may have some difficulties.

SkarjakTheFoul
21-05-2005, 02:42
Or maybe you put Enfeeble and Faintheartedness on them and ignore?

^Winnar.:D

Necromancers might be ugly, but they are the answer to all warriors.

Eragorn
21-05-2005, 14:28
This has worked real well for me in PvP.

Youll need a R/E with: Concussion Shot, Crippling Shot, Determined Shot, Hunter's Shot and Fire Storm. You can add other skills that you like I guess.

First, hit him with Crippling Shot so the Warrior cant get clsoe to kill you.
Hit him with Consussion Shot to stop him from casting healing spells (Use as needed).
Cast Fire Storm so either they sit there and take damage or try and leave (They usually do).
When they try to run (Remember, theyre crippled so theyre slow) hit 'em with Hunters Shot so they bleed.

Then just use the skills that you need to from here on out, proably Concussion Shot so they cant heal.

Have fun and good luck killing all the W/Mo n00bs (and some of the "Pros")

*cracks knuckles*

Rightyo then, time to disassemble your strategy muhahah.

Hit me with cripple shot hey, *uses shield stance to block your concussion shot, and then uses mend ailment to remove cripple* im still coming :D

*moves out of the way of firestorm*

*heals bleeding and doesnt run*

And then i proceed to pwn u into oblivion, nice strategy i can see it working, but not on me :D

elsydeon
21-05-2005, 15:09
i used a m/wo with mending, live vicariously, and vital blessing against a w/mo, turned him from a tank into a speed bump

SkarjakTheFoul
21-05-2005, 15:13
Eragorn, you have to remember most cookie cutter W/Mo who use the premade don't have these skills, so they would get raped.

Loquetus
21-05-2005, 15:19
every smart wa/mo takes along mend ailement and maybe remove hex
so really using cripple etc = pointless
exept vs the real wa/mo newbies
wa/mo = tank class and they should try to get as many people as possible to attack them
if you are focussing on killing the wa/mo the healers in the party will have a blast
i know i always have a blast when all the people target 1 tank cause my mend ailement and heal other take care of most of the dmge ^^
somethimes throwing in a rev of fortune and healing seed or something like that and i can assure you that they'll survive as long as i don't run out of mp or they target me instead

the only thing that can help take down a wa/mo is casting backfire and scourge healing
if you have a real noob they'll just keep casting heal spells dmg'ing themselves to dead
and with scourge healing few monks are gonna heal them unless they have smite hex equipped or rem hex

Taunted
21-05-2005, 15:22
Who said that Wo/Mos was impossible to take down? The title of the thread suggests that it is.

So what you are saying is that to take down Wo/Mos you have to apply a certain strategy. Well guess what... that is the beauty of GW, and any build played probably needs to be targeted for their weaknesses to be taken down fast.

Besides, another great thing about GW is that some class combos are good at targeting other class combos. It is kinda like stone scissors paper. Which makes the game great.

Strung Out
21-05-2005, 17:50
I'd rather use a mesmer with imagined burden, clumsieness, and stip enchantment anyday.