PDA

View Full Version : Mo/Me with Illusions?

jlowry
20-05-2005, 23:52
I know this may be fruitless, but I've been kicking around the idea of making a Mo/Me with focus in the following:

Divine Favor: 10
Illusion Magic: 10
Healing Prayers: 11

With this, I planned to be both a party healer and damage inducer (on a much smaller level than a warrior or other tanks). Mainly, I figured this could be used for bosses, called targets, and my general amusement. :-) I had planned to use Cast Phantasm, Imaginary Weaponry, and Healing Skills. Has anyone given something like this a try? Will this build be useful at all later in the game? (I know I can rearraneg a Mo/Me to easily be effective if this fails)

Obviously, I would use Mending to keep myself somewhat protected while fighting. Mainly, though, I'll heal others and take occasional hits at targets (I may jostle points a bit to use channeling for offsetting the Phantasm energy costs).

grimajrd
22-05-2005, 00:11
for PVE it should be fun but for PVP i would ditch illusions and go for inspiration and forget about dealing dmg while healing (you just dont have time for it)

jlowry
23-05-2005, 20:51
for PVE it should be fun but for PVP i would ditch illusions and go for inspiration and forget about dealing dmg while healing (you just dont have time for it)

I think I've changed my mind and decided to go pure monk with a focus on smiting and healing. That way, I should be able to cause damage and heal others without worrying about energy drains from Illusions. The mesmer side will be kept for Inspiration/domination as needed. Thanks for the input.