PDA

View Full Version : Guidelines for Animal Charming?

AboveAvgCharles
20-05-2005, 22:56
What are the guidelines for animal charming? I want to make a Ranger character, but I'd like to know what can and can't be charmed, general rules about level ranges, that kind of thing. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, where can I find a tamer/s post-Searing? Thank you.

- AAC

IBeJebus
20-05-2005, 23:06
What are the guidelines for animal charming? I want to make a Ranger character, but I'd like to know what can and can't be charmed, general rules about level ranges, that kind of thing. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, where can I find a tamer/s post-Searing? Thank you.

- AAC

As far as i know, any animal running around that isnt initially hostil to you( green name), can be tamed. I know ive heard of people taming pre searing bears which are initially hostile to you, but heard its tough as hell as they continually break the charm spell. As far as tamers go i believe there is one right outside of ascalon city, where the krytan ambassador is. Im not sure about that though

AboveAvgCharles
20-05-2005, 23:14
Is it possible to charm something that has gone hostile? I.E. can you continue to attempt charming them while they are slicing you to ribbons? My friend said he once charmed an ettin, and I am skeptical. Does this seem even remotely possible? Thanks, as far as Rangers are concnerned, I am almost entirely ignorant.

- AAC

IBeJebus
20-05-2005, 23:20
Is it possible to charm something that has gone hostile? I.E. can you continue to attempt charming them while they are slicing you to ribbons? My friend said he once charmed an ettin, and I am skeptical. Does this seem even remotely possible? Thanks, as far as Rangers are concnerned, I am almost entirely ignorant.

- AAC

I too am skeptical at that, i believe that to be untrue. Anytime you start to charm something, it will automatically go hostile on you and attack you, You just have to weather the storm, and once spell is done it will stop attacking you. I think only certain creatures are charmable, like cats wolves, bears andsome spiders. Ive even seen people running around with those prize winnning hogs you see in the game world. Id want proof that he charmed an ettin before i can believe that, Beacuse if he charmed an ettin, im gonna go out and charm me a centaur! :D

AboveAvgCharles
20-05-2005, 23:33
Yeah, and I had my heart set on a Hydra. ;)

I do rather doubt he charmed an Ettin, since they don't really strike me as falling into the "animals" category. Most likely he was just making it up, which was nice of him. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

- AAC

Jozvex Spellsharp
21-05-2005, 09:55
Things that I've charmed and have seen charmed are:

Moa Bird, Strider (smaller bird), Melandru's Stalker, Warthog, Wolf, Snow Wolf and Black Bear.

I've heard that later in the game (I'm in the snowy area) you can get a Lynx and a lizard of some kind too.

At the moment I'm obsessed with the warthog, its so tiny and cool. It seems to take a long time to make it's first attack though! It just stands at the baddy for ages before starting to attack. My Strider on another character doesn't take anywhere near as long.

Wolves would be cool if they didn't howl constantly while walking around, it drives me insane!

Wulfen Arrowtusk
21-05-2005, 20:48
I've got an Alaskan Malamute so the Howling doesn't bother me. It has no bearing in game terms, it doesn't give you away when roaming around.

nSin
22-05-2005, 01:07
I'm wondering why a rogue bull isn't charmable

Skill says it isnt an animal....

How does it get more animal then a bull?

Larcolith
22-05-2005, 13:53
It surely is an animal but it's part of a quest, A Mesmer's Burden if im not mistaken. You have to kill it, that's why it cant be tamed.

I'm acctually a bit dissillusioned with the whole pet system in GW, if its going to get an entire skill tree unto itself why doesn't it get the attention it deserves. I feel more work went into the every class of weapons (swords for instance, not weapons in general).

Meh what am I whining for, won't do any good. All the same; GIVE US MORE PETS!

MsBraston
22-05-2005, 18:24
Meh what am I whining for, won't do any good

Haha, if the game updates are any indication, whining on the fansite forums does do us good. I want more pets too. :happy05:

By the way, not only green animals are charmable - the wolves in pre-searing are red, and yet can be charmed.

Wulfen Arrowtusk
22-05-2005, 20:39
Haha, if the game updates are any indication, whining on the fansite forums does do us good. I want more pets too. :happy05:

By the way, not only green animals are charmable - the wolves in pre-searing are red, and yet can be charmed.

True, and it took no time at all for me to charm one. I used "Charm Animal" and followed it up immediately with "Comfort Animal" and 'bingo-bango' it was a done deal.