PDA

View Full Version : I defeated the mirror by not attacking at all.

drakesis
21-05-2005, 07:47
yep. i didnt attack, had no "truly" offensive spells memorized. i just stood there and took it like a.. woman. he died in under 2 minutes. not spectacular, but it was funny to me. i did this after the 5th or 6th try, and just said, fine, im not gonna fight back. pacifism does have its uses in this game!

i have a 12 divine favor skill, first off, and that really really helps. i also bumped my smite to 11 and dropped my protection alot and my healing some.

so..
9 heal
11 smite
4 protect
12 divine favor
or so. (the rest were in my necro skills from my previous attempts and i didnt reallocate.)

i used:

divine boon -->> critical. with a high divine favor skill, this spell will heal you with an INSTANT recharge for only 5 mana. it isnt a big heal, but you can spam it fast and the mirror wont spam a buff on himself. it was giving me around 55-58 + my divine favor bonus. he was hitting for 24ish?

balthazar's spirit -->> you will need this to spam divine boon. im not sure if high smiting increases energy recovery on it. kinda hard to tell. it might have.

blessed signet -->> only to be used when you are close to full health. he hits pretty fast and pretty hard.. gee i wish i did that kind of damage. =p

retribution -->> he wont take full damage back. but this is how he dies.

essence bond -->> critical to keeping that energy flowing (note you have no energy regen bars, but he hits fast enough you will nearly always be over 50% energy.)

give him no heals or buffs of any sort or he will heal himself by casting them, since he will put divine boon on himself.

give him no damage attacks of any sort! just stand there. =)

Corrodias
21-05-2005, 16:43
hmm. i may have divine boon, but i definitely don't have blessed signet or essence bond... does someone know where to find them?

drakesis
21-05-2005, 18:29
i stole blessed signet off yerk plopsquirt or whatever in nebo terrace - the guy who once gave healing hands.

essence bond you can get from the skill trainer in beetletun.

Feynt
22-05-2005, 11:09
I bow to your passive nature. You are truly "rubber" to your mirror's "glue."

drakesis
22-05-2005, 16:24
*bows* thank you thank you =)

a side note for smiting monks - with sufficiently high divine favor and smiting, you can put zealots fire on yourself and spam divine boon as fast as you can - massive massive aoe output.

i did altheas ashes by getting about 10-15 char around me at once and did 70 to all of them, outhealed the damage and was full energy the entire time. fun trick. =)

i also use divine boon on teams now as a quick "pick me up" when i dont want to waste cast time on a self heal.

lithun
22-05-2005, 21:04
This is pretty funny. My monk is going to try your approach.

He Hate Me
22-05-2005, 21:07
if you are healing monk and dont want to respec, jsut take nothing but healing breeze. i won with that and my staff easy enough.

Feynt
23-05-2005, 00:20
I beat my mirror with just Healing Breeze and Eruption. The rest was heal target other ally spells.

angrysquirrel
23-05-2005, 00:36
i just hit my mo me mirror with backfire, phantasm, turned my head for 5 secs and we both died and i won

lred
24-05-2005, 15:10
balthazar's spirit -->> you will need this to spam divine boon. im not sure if high smiting increases energy recovery on it. kinda hard to tell. it might have.

blessed signet -->> only to be used when you are close to full health. he hits pretty fast and pretty hard.. gee i wish i did that kind of damage. =p

retribution -->> he wont take full damage back. but this is how he dies.

essence bond -->> critical to keeping that energy flowing (note you have no energy regen bars, but he hits fast enough you will nearly always be over 50% energy.)

I didn't have blessed signet but i managed without it by using a wand to do some damage to my mirror. Thanks for the tip.