PDA

View Full Version : channeling.. how close?

drakesis
22-05-2005, 05:34
so i remade my monk from mo/nec to mo/me.. i picked up channeling, and i was wondering how close do i need to be to bad guys to get that energy from them? typically if i stand in melee, they will all turn on me for wearing tattoos before i throw a single heal, buff, or cure, so im very fond of standing at max heal range.

how close, approx, do i need to be? in casting range for a nuke? or melee? or in between?

Graphite
22-05-2005, 06:30
I am also wondering the same thing.. Is it adjacent foes or in the area? I am a air elementalist that usually save 1 slot for energy stealing skill to replenish my mana in hectic low times where I really need mana quick.

Nobleman Azure
22-05-2005, 08:12
kinda helps to use the serach button ^_^

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=345166&highlight=channeling+range

Feynt
22-05-2005, 12:17
It's actually about the area of Heal Area. If you can cast that and heal an enemy, you can drain energy from them too.

drakesis
22-05-2005, 16:21
blah. i like to be at max heal range because often the game will go "hey you arent in combat!" if i can get aggro off me and i get healed for free. being in melee means i get giant stomped, maelstromed, etc etc etc.

maybe ill just keep using mantra of inscriptions/signet of devotion to save on energy, that seemed to work alright.. pretty good recast time on that with two divine favor focus items.