+2 to Healing Prayers
+1 to Protection Prayers

Attributes: (cost)
Divine Favor: 10+1 (61)
Healing Prayers: 11+2 (77)
Protection Prayers: 10+1 (61)

Total attribute points used: 199/200

Skills:
1) Orison of Healing - (5,1,2) Heal target ally for 63 health.
2) Healing Breeze - (10,1,2) For 10 seconds, target ally gains health regeneration of 8.
3) Healing Seed - (15,2,25) For 19 seconds, whenever target other ally takes damage, that ally and all adjacent allies gain 27 health.
4) Vigorous Spirit - (5,1,4) For 30 seconds, each time target ally attacks or casts a spell, that ally is healed for 12 health.
5) Aegis - (15,1,30) For 10 seconds, all party members have a 50% chance to block attacks.
6) Glyph of Lesser Energy - (5,1,30) Your next spell cost 15 less energy to cast.
7) Peace and Harmony (elite) - (5,1,45) For 74 seconds, target ally gains +1 energy regeneration. Peace and Harmony ends if that ally attacks or casts a spell that does not target an ally. This is an elite skill.
8) Rebirth - (10,6,0) Resurrect target party member, teleporting him to your current location. All of target's skills are disabled for 5 seconds. This spell consumes all your remaining energy.

First shot at a monk. Any suggestions?

jmsjags
24-05-2005, 23:06
Revamped build:

Class: Monk / Mesmer

Assumed items:
+1 to Divine Favor
+2 to Healing Prayers
+1 to Smiting Prayers

Divine Favor: 11+1 (77)
Healing Prayers: 12+2 (97)
Smiting Prayers: 2+1 (3)
Inspiration Magic: 6 (21)

Total attribute points used: 198/200

Skills:
1) Orison of Healing - (5,1,2) Heal target ally for 67 health.
2) Healing Breeze - (10,1,2) For 10 seconds, target ally gains health regeneration of 9.
3) Vigorous Spirit - (5,1,4) For 30 seconds, each time target ally attacks or casts a spell, that ally is healed for 13 health.
4) Heal Other - (10,3/4,3) Heal target other ally for 170 health.
5) Smite Hex - (5,1,15) Remove a hex from target ally. Foes near that ally suffer 25 damage.
6) Channeling - (5,1,15) For 27 seconds, whenever you cast a spell, you steal 1 energy from each nearby foe.
7) Peace and Harmony (elite) - (5,1,45) For 78 seconds, target ally gains +1 energy regeneration. Peace and Harmony ends if that ally attacks or casts a spell that does not target an ally. This is an elite skill.
8) Restore Life - (10,8,0) Touch the body of a fallen party member. Target party member is returned to life with 48% health and 86% energy.

Suggestions still welcome. :happy34:

zapka
25-05-2005, 14:21
Both look like pretty good PvE builds to me. However, I suggest that you keep Healing Seed. As a primary healer also, I have found that this skill really is worth every point of energy. (Especially with a party of many Warriors.) Cast it on the the Warrior (or any other ally) taking the most damage and Healing Seed can keep everyone adjacant alive for the duration of the spell, or at least help them last longer. This gives you valuable time to regenerate energy and heal other party members as well.

You could also swap Aegis with Ward Against Melee which does the job nicely as well - and for less energy, too. And maybe couple this with an Armor of Earth to keep yourself alive as well.

I haven't much experience with Peace and Harmony but it looks like a good spell. I use Word of Healing as my elite skill, though. And you might want to consider the Signet of Devotion, it's a good non-energy heal. (Perfect for times when you have low energy or Backfire on you, since its a considered a non-spell skill. The 2 second casting time is the only downside.)

By the way, my monk started out as a Mo/Me, but then I changed to Mo/E. Personally, I found that this allowed me to be more efficient at keeping my teammates alive, as well as myself.

Hope this helps. :)

jmsjags
25-05-2005, 23:15
Thanks for the help. I swapped Vigorous Spirit with Healing Seed, and added in Ward Against Melee and Armor of Earth instead of Smite Hex and Channeling.

Updated Build:

Class: Monk / Elementalist

Assumed items:
+1 to Divine Favor
+2 to Healing Prayers

Protection Prayers: 2 (3)
Earth Magic: 6 (21)

Skills:
2) Healing Breeze - (10,1,2) For 10 seconds, target ally gains health regeneration of 9.
3) Healing Seed - (15,2,25) For 20 seconds, whenever target other ally takes damage, that ally and all adjacent allies gain 29 health.
4) Ward Against Melee - (10,1,20) You create a ward against melee at your current location. For 13 seconds, allies in this area have a 50% chance to evade melee attacks.
5) Heal Other - (10,3/4,3) Heal target other ally for 170 health.
6) Armor of Earth - (10,3/4,15) For 30 seconds, you gain 39 armor, but move 36% slower than normal.
7) Peace and Harmony (elite) - (5,1,45) For 78 seconds, target ally gains +1 energy regeneration. Peace and Harmony ends if that ally attacks or casts a spell that does not target an ally. This is an elite skill.
8) Rebirth - (10,6,0) Resurrect target party member, teleporting him to your current location. All of target's skills are disabled for 9 seconds. This spell consumes all your remaining energy.

zapka
26-05-2005, 05:40
Thanks for the help. I swapped Vigorous Spirit with Healing Seed, and added in Ward Against Melee and Armor of Earth instead of Smite Hex and Channeling.

Updated Build:

Assumed items:
+1 to Divine Favor
+2 to Healing Prayers

Protection Prayers: 2 (3)
Earth Magic: 6 (21)

Skills:
3) Healing Seed - (15,2,25) For 20 seconds, whenever target other ally takes damage, that ally and all adjacent allies gain 29 health.
4) Ward Against Melee - (10,1,20) You create a ward against melee at your current location. For 13 seconds, allies in this area have a 50% chance to evade melee attacks.
5) Heal Other - (10,3/4,3) Heal target other ally for 170 health.
6) Armor of Earth - (10,3/4,15) For 30 seconds, you gain 39 armor, but move 36% slower than normal.
8) Rebirth - (10,6,0) Resurrect target party member, teleporting him to your current location. All of target's skills are disabled for 9 seconds. This spell consumes all your remaining energy.

That's actually starting to look a little like my own monk :D Seems like a solid build, try it out. I'd like to know how it plays. The only problem I see is that most of your spells are very costly, with Orison of Healing being the only cheap heal you have. But then, maybe Peace and Harmony can help with this. Glad I helped.

Insane Master
26-05-2005, 07:07
WHERES THE SMITTING BUILDS.

Come on, i know someone here has a sweet smittin build.

Healing Hands
Healing Touch
Balanced Stance
Balthazar Aura
Symbol of Wrath
Zealots Fire
Sprint
Reversal of Fortune

or
Healing Hands
Healing Breeze
Balthazar Aura
Symbol of Wrath
Healing Seed
Zealots fire
Essence Bond
Reversal of Fortune

There we go, my 2 cents for the smitting monks around. Thats what im aimin gor with my Monk/Warrier.

jmsjags
27-05-2005, 01:03
That's actually starting to look a little like my own monk :D Seems like a solid build, try it out. I'd like to know how it plays. The only problem I see is that most of your spells are very costly, with Orison of Healing being the only cheap heal you have. But then, maybe Peace and Harmony can help with this. Glad I helped.
Yeah, I was going with cheap spells for my Mo/Me build. There aren't really any cheap healing spells that'll work with this build, so I don't know how else to do it.

And I tried out Armor of Earth a couple days ago and I couldn't cancel it. It was really annoying falling behind my party after every battle.

Feynt
27-05-2005, 06:46
My builds close to that last Mo/E one, except I use Word of Healing instead of the Orison of Healing, and Protective Spirit or Eruption instead of Peace and Harmony.

Hunt3r_kill4
27-05-2005, 08:02
How about: Earthquake instead of armor of earth, knocks down nearby opponents to give you a chance to gather yourself. Get heal area for some cheap heal when needed.

Wysen
27-05-2005, 15:36
For Soloing PvE with the Healer Hench and Protection Hench. I've found the following build to complement the henchman group nicely.

Monk/Elementalist
DivineFavor: 10+1
HealingPrayers: 10+1+1
SmitingPrayers: 10
EarthMagic: 5

- Healing Touch (Healing Prayers)
- Word of Healing [Elite] (Healing Prayers)
- Blessed Signet (Divine Favor)
- Balthazar's Aura (Smiting Prayers)
- Smite Hex (Smiting Prayers)
- Mending (Healing Prayers)
- Ward Against Melee (Earth Magic)
- Restore Life (Healing Prayers)

The idea is to Cast mending on yourself and the two monk hench (or at least the healer henchman). Use the signet for energy whenever it pops and your down at least 15 energy, and in battle cast, Balthazar's Aura on the fighter henchman. Since its solo PvE, you are picking the targets and thus your picking the guy or group of guys to get the damage of BA. Cast your heals sparingly, as the Healer and Protection Hench do a good job, but you can help them out from time to time. I choose Heal Touch because I've noticed in PvE the person you are healing the most is ususally one of the casters hanging back with you and not the two fighters in the front.

jmsjags
29-05-2005, 04:57
How about: Earthquake instead of armor of earth, knocks down nearby opponents to give you a chance to gather yourself. Get heal area for some cheap heal when needed.
Earthquake wouldn't work with Peace and Harmony, since it targets foes.

jmsjags
29-05-2005, 05:08
Updated Build

Assumed items:
+1 to Divine Favor
+2 to Healing Prayers
+1 to Protection Prayers

Divine Favor: 12+1 (97)
Protection Prayers: 0+1 (0)
Water Magic: 3 (6)

Total attribute points used: 200/200

Skills:
3) Mend Condition - (5,3/4,2) Remove one condition from target other ally. That ally is healed for 9 health.
4) Heal Other - (10,3/4,3) Heal target other ally for 170 health.
5) Armor of Frost - (5,1,45) For 15 seconds, you gain +40 armor against physical damage, but -24 armor against fire damage. Armor of Frost ends if you use any Fire Magic.
6) Peace and Harmony (elite) - (5,1,45) For 82 seconds, target ally gains +1 energy regeneration. Peace and Harmony ends if that ally attacks or casts a spell that does not target an ally. This is an elite skill.
7) Divine Boon - (5+,1/4,0) While you maintain this enchantment, whenever you cast a Monk spell on an ally, that ally is healed for 64 health, and you lose 2 energy.
8) Rebirth - (10,6,0) Resurrect target party member, teleporting him to your current location. All of target's skills are disabled for 10 seconds. This spell consumes all your remaining energy.